Chapter 11: Found You

~Kylo Ren's POV~

After the mess on Jakku, we didn't even get the map. Instead, we took the man that had it prisoner. I already sent him through interrogation, but no one was able to get anything out of him about the location of the map. That's why if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. 

He was strapped down on a metallic torture table. Blood and bruises covered his face. He might have been able to keep the location of the map hidden from everyone else, but he couldn't keep it from me.

I knew him all too well. Poe Dameron, an old 'friend' of mine from my wretched past. I stared at him for a while; he hadn't changed one bit since the last time I saw him. Same ridiculous jacket, same haircut.

"I had no idea we had the best pilot in the Resistance on board," I sarcastically say. He wakes up, his eyes adjusting to the darkness of the room. His sits up a bit. "Comfortable?"

He just stared at me, "Not really."

From behind my helmet, I roll my eyes and slowly walk towards him. "I'm impressed. No one has been able to get out of you what you did with the map."

"You might want to rethink your technique," he says.

Of course I will, Dameron, I think to myself. Talking to your pathetic self is getting a bit aggravating. 

I extended my hand close to his face and I used the Force to look into his mind. I violently shifted his thoughts around to look for what I needed: the location of the map to Luke Skywalker. I could tell it pained him, but I didn't care. I was going to get the location of the map. Sympathy for this Resistance scum will not stop me from doing so.

I pushed him back hard with the Force. His head hit the back of the metal with a loud bang. He struggled to breathe. It only made me want to hurt him even more. "Where is it?"

"The Resistance will not be intimidated by you," he struggles to answer.

I pressed harder into his mind. Certain parts of his mind were open to see. Childhood memories, different flight techniques, etc. One part pulled me closer in my mind. Despite the fact that he was trying desperately to hide the location of the map, he struggled to hide his feelings of regret and guilt. At first, I thought it was because he was finally slipping and I was going to be give the location of the map. But it turns out it was because of something else entirely.

As I looked into his mind farther, I notice that the regret and guilt was directed to one person. Someone who I hadn't seen in six years. Someone who constantly was distracting me from my duties to my master and the First Order. Someone who still held my affection. Someone who probably hated me now. Someone who happens to be my dear, (Y/N).

I didn't even have to look any farther into his mind to know why he felt regret and guilt towards her. He somehow hurt her. Now, I had an even better reason to hurt him. "Where is it?"

 "Where is it?"