Chapter 44: Shattered World

((Quick A/N: get yourself comfortable. Get a snack, get something to drink. This is going to be a long ride. The last chapter before the sequel, here we go!))

~Your POV~

Part of me had wanted to sleep on the way to Ziost. I didn't want to sit up in the cockpit with Ben and Vizla, I didn't want to hear Poe and the others over the comms. I wanted to be in my thoughts, so I stayed in the small room at the back of Ben's shuttle for most of the trip. As much as I would have liked to sleep, it never came to me. Instead, I found time to think about everything. About Ben being back, about Tarika leaving, about my nightmares and my future.

Yesterday, I could've been convinced that marriage and happiness and being queen were the only things in my future. Today? I would call you a liar. My thoughts circled around and around in my mind. I started to feel sick again. I pushed my thoughts away and left for the cockpit.

When I entered, I could hear Ben and Vizla talking. I couldn't help but think about what Vizla had told me before we had left. Maybe Ben knew that he was also part of the Order, maybe he didn't. I wouldn't be surprised. It was something I would ask him about when we returned.

"How much longer?" I asked, sitting down in the nearest seat.

Both men turned toward me. "Didn't hear you come in," Ben said. He turned back in his seat to look at the forward monitors. "We have about a minute. When we arrive, I just have to punch in my entry code so I can enter the Order's airspace."

"I think we should just come in at lightspeed so they can't detect us," Vizla chimed in. Even from where he sat, I could tell he was wearing armor. It was tinted green with hints of red, and the style of it matched the black beskar armor I saw in my dream only the night prior. "I do not doubt that they've already marked your code as traitorous. If we use it, we will be done for."

Before Ben could make an interjection, the shuttle's comlink beeped. Ben took a deep breath before switching it on. "Upsilon-class shuttle, identify yourself," a feminine voice stated.

"05251977," Ben said, making sure to pause in-between numbers.

There was a pause. It seemed to last an eternity before the female voice said, "You are free to land."

The comlink blinked before shutting off. A wave of calmness settled over myself and the two men. The code had worked. The First Order had let us through. It was a relief. There was a chance for us to get in without a problem.

I watched as Ben piloted the shuttle through Ziost's atmosphere until he had it land at the base of a steep, snow-capped mountain. He stood from his seat and looked down at me. "Remember, we're in and out. We find Tarika and Tolas. Two hours max."

I nodded. "Got it."

He takes in a deep breath before pressing the ramp's open button. Vizla is the first to exit the shuttle, followed by myself and Ben. The crisp air sends chills down my spine as I take in the terrain. It was everything I remembered from when I looked outside in Hux's office. I sighed to myself- I wondered if we'd run into Hux. It wasn't like I wanted to see him again-

"(Y/N)." Ben's voice snapped me back to the present.

I looked up to see him holding out my lightsaber's hilt to me. I wrapped my fingers around the cool metal. The light of Ziost's sun glimmered prettily against the silver and the black. Without a second thought, I hooked it to my belt. "Thanks. I almost forgot about it."

Ben smiled at me before gesturing for the both of us to follow Vizla. "Let's go."

~>>~~<<~~