Escape

"Ok, open your eyes."

Chloe's hands uncover my eyes.
She put them there because she knew I would try and take a peek at what she has set up.
She knows me too well, it almost scares me how she can see through my facade that I put up sometimes. She's like a psychic in that department. She knows exactly how I think. But that's what I adore about her.
Words aren't needed, only one single glance into her ocean blue eyes and she knows I'm not feeling good.
I slowly open my eyes and gasp at what Chloe did for me. Us! We are in the woods, close to the lighthouse but just deep enough into the woods for the light to not disturb the beautiful starry night.
Our childhood treehouse we built with her father, William, is lit up with moodlights. I put my hands in front of my mouth and shake my head.
I haven't been here in years, and all the childhood memories just play themselves in my head like a movie.

"Well don't just stare, say something you bimbo!"

She bumps my shoulder with hers, and stares at the setting she made and is proud of.

"Chè... this is amazing."

"I knew you'd love it, come on, you're going to love what I did to the treehouse!"

She takes my hand and guides me to the treehouse.

"I would tell you to close your eyes again but you know that might be dangerous... trying to climb up a tree."

"What do you mean climb up? We have a ladder?"

"It might have broken when I tried to put some stuff up there so we are going Katniss Everdeen on this tree."

She pulls herself up on a branch and climbs up into our secret hideout. It was our escape from the real world, it still is. I observe Chloe carefully trying to remember the branches she uses to climb like freaking tarzan and mimic her movements untill I'm in the treehouse. Once again my jaw drops and I gasp.

"How the hell did you get a mattress up here?"

Really, is that seriously the first thing I let out? She scratches her neck and smiles.

"My dad helped me and that's basically how the ladder broke. Who would've thought it would break from the pressure of the two of us and the mattress?"

"We should make a new ladder and just live here."

Chloe takes my hand and pulls me onto the mattress. The treehouse had this open roof. Don't underestimate it. It took us 2 years to build this awesome hideout. I wonder if Chloe ever took Rachel up here. No this is not the time to think about that beautiful blonde demon.

"I could stay here forever with you," Chloe says as we look at the heavens.
The sky looks so dark, yet there are so many bundles of light that illuminate the black mass. The full moon appears bigger than I have ever seen it, or maybe it just seems that way since the lights of the town don't corrupt the night sky so deep into the forest.

"Do you ever want to just jump into the air and fly away from this place?" Chloe asks, as she plays with my hair, admiring the thousands of stars like I am.

"Arcadia Bay isn't that bad."

"True, I got you here, and my hella awesome parents, but we've never really went anywhere."

"I see your point, but we can't just pack our stuff and hit the road."

"Why not? We both got a license, we should do it. Max, why just conquer Arcadia Bay, if we could take the world? I can see the headlines now."

"Like what? Hipster and rebelious Punk take over earth?"

"Emperor Chloe Price. I like the sound of that."

I roll myself on top of Chloe. I swear my body just did that on its own. I raise an eyebrow and brush a pluck of blue hair behind Chloe's ear.

"I am the Batman Chloe, you can't just shotgun the throne like that."

"Fuck you, I totally can besides who wants to be batman, if you can be Catwoman?"

She gasps and continues.

"Or poison Ivy."

I put my hand on Chloe's mouth and quickly answer.

"I'm totally Poison Ivy!"

She licks my hand and laughs as I just wipe it off on her face. She buries her head in one of the pillows to wipe off her own saliva.

"Fine I wouldn't like to walk way too undressed anyways."

"You're just jealous because she looks hot with the green skincolor."

She raises her arms up in the air.

"Shots fired, but in all seriousness though, I'd look so damn sexy in a skimpy leather outfit."

As I picture that in my head, I can feel my body heat up and my cheeks turn red.

"Stop before my nose starts bleeding."
She wraps her arms around my waist
and pulls me down onto her. Our lips touch and I melt away in the moment.

"It's time for some music!"

She grabs a small bluetooth speaker from her messenger bag and connects her phone. As Imagine Dragons starts playing softly filling the treehouse with lovely tunes, I just take it all in for a moment. A beautiful summer night in our childhood treehouse, with a clear starry night.
Chloe Price, how did you set this all up, and keep it so well hidden?

"You truly are a ninja."

"Huh?"
Chloe turns with a confused look. She probably zoned out for a second just laying there.

"You put all of this together and I had no fucking clue."

She blushes and hides her face in my neck.

"I just thought you needed an escape from reality after the whole Rachel thing."

"You didn't have to do all this Chè, I was fine."

No I was not. I felt so shitty after hitting Rachel, yet so satisfied by my actions. Rachel didn't go to Principal Wells, Nathan and Victoria talked some sense into her. Even though Victoria pretty much sided with her, Nate kept an open mind and decided to stay away from this, he told me it was something me and Chloe had to figure out. Nathan has been quite nice lately, I wonder why? Not that he wasn't nice to me before, but I always thought he didn't really like me or something.
Chloe's voice rips me out of my chain of thoughts.

"No, I owed you. I should've pushed her away sooner, I don't know it was just... unexpected."

"I don't want to talk about it. All I want now is to relax with my girlfriend."

Chloe's eyes widen and her cheeks turn redder than a fire hydrant.

"G-girlfriend?" she stutters.

Oh fuck, I just called her my girlfriend. I feel myself turn red too and bury my face in my hand as I sit straight.
I shake my head. Why am I getting nervous? She IS my girlfriend! With full control over my voice, I look down at Chloe and look deeply into her eyes.

"Yes you are my girlfriend, Captain Price."

Her eyes go from surprised to determined. She pulls me back on-top of her and kisses me passionately. I'm crazy in love with my best friend, she's crazy in love with her first mate.
Please don't ever let this moment fade from my memory. These are the moments I want to bring up after a few years, and be able to say I had moments where I'd completely forget the world and my worries; just by beeing with the girl I have always secretly loved.
Chloe Hella Price.