Left questioning

{Laura POV}

Life has been going by really quickly recently. It's been another month and so much has happened. The stash plan is taking off nicely, my boyfriend is great, and the show is amazing.

I got another offer for a children's program and I'm glad I accepted.

Zack is taking me out tonight. After everything that has happened in the past couple of months, it would be nice to go out on a nice date.

Zack- I'll be there in about 20

Laura- okay! Super excited!

He said that he had something to tell me. I didn't know what it was but I wasn't expecting anything too big. I was really anxious to find out though.

Earlier in the day I kept getting 'I miss you' texts from the cast. I couldn't come to the Golden Globes because I said I was working on 'Girl on the train', which was true. It had ended earlier than I expected but Zack was still taking me out later so I might as well just not change the story.

Once Zack had picked me up we went out to an amazing restaurant. There were lights above us and since it was before the evening ended, we got to watch the sunset. The night overall was great.

I felt a lack of conversation at times but I just ignored that.

"So um...how's work?" I asked him

"It's going well. And you?" He said as he looked out the window, at the sunset

"It's good. The stash plan is taking off and I'm excited I'm starting a new film while I'm on a break from Orange" I replied

"Well that's good"

Zack kept looking around, outside the window, throughout the restaurant.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine babe"

I knew he was lying I just didn't know why

"Why are you lying?"

"What? I'm not"

"You just did again"

"I really don't appreciate you accusing me!"

People started to look at us

"Alrigt just calm down"

A woman nudged my chair pretty aggressively. I turned around quickly to speak to her but I spoke much louder than I intended.

"I'm sorry but I think you just pushed me!"

The woman stopped and glared at me

"Oops" she said uninterested

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Zack who had the most annoying smirk on his face

"Bitch"

"Well you did yell at her"

"What?"

His response took me off guard. Why would he defend her like that? Did he know her? I knew the night wasn't going prefect but he had to be that much of an asshole?

"Why would you defend her?"

"I'm not defending her, I'm just saying-"

"I don't care what you have to say"

I grabbed my purse and stood up from the chair

"Thank you for the meal Zack. I will see you later"

"Really? You're gonna leave?"

"Really? You're going to defend her?"

"I think you're overreacting"