Ashamed

It was one of those cloudy, rainy days. I was actually kind of glad for that, I hated the sun. Indoors is more of my thing. Anyways, before I accidentally get off subject, my dad was going to this indoor volleyball thing. I didn't really pay attention to the details, as I don't care much for sports. I asked if I could stay in the car, and he said that was fine.

As soon as he left I locked the car, as I'm very paranoid. Then I tuned the radio to my favorite station and turned up the volume as loud as I could without busting my ear drums. Now that I had felt comfortable, I pulled out my Gameboy, which I had brought with me. Inside it was FireRed. I turned the volume on my GameBoy down, as I wanted to listen to the radio while I played my game.

It had been a while since I last played the game. When my save file loaded I found myself to be standing on Treasure Beach, that island below One Island. I opened the menu and clicked on my Pokémon, to find my normal party, except for a Dratini that I normally didn't use that had an Exp. Share. I wondered why I was training that Dratini the last time I played. Shrugging it off, I exited the menu and flew back to the Pokémon Center at One Island.

I went to the PC and reveled in the memories all my Pokémon I had caught there brought back to me. After looking through all the boxes, I got bored. I didn't really know what to do. Then I got an idea, I was going to stop being lazy and level up my team so I could finally beat the Elite Four. I never really found any good training places in the game, as to why I never beat the Elite Four. But I had nothing else to do, so I thought I might as well train them up.

I took the Exp. Share away from the Dratini and placed it in my box I had that was full of Dratinis. This left me with my five main party Pokémon; Spark the Zapdos, Flame the Charizard, Machoke, Pidgeotto, and Golduck. My last three didn't have nicknames. I thought of finding a different and better water Pokémon to replace my Golduck, I didn't really like his moveset, and just him in general. He wasn't really special to me, the main reason I had him was so I could have a Pokémon that knew Surf.

After a bit of thinking, I decided I would just keep him, because I didn't feel like training another Pokémon up to his level of 51. Then I realized I should probably find a sixth Pokémon, since I had space for one more. I was eager to start training though, so I thought I would find another Pokémon later.

I saved, left the Pokémon Center, and surfed back to Treasure Beach. I gave the Exp. Share to Machoke, as he was the current weakest. With Spark in the front of my party, I started training. The wild Pokémon were in the levels of around late thirties to early forties. They were very easy to beat though, as most of the Pokémon I fought Spark had a move that was super effective against them. While battling I sang along loudly with the songs playing on the radio.

After thirty minutes Spark and Machoke had gone up quite a few levels. I saved the game and continued training. During one of the battles, I randomly started thinking about shiny Pokémon, and how someone I knew on the internet had said to make sure you always had PokeBalls with you in case one showed up, and how pretty they looked. After the battle I checked to see if I had any PokeBalls. I found to have a ton of Ultra Balls. I felt satisfied and continued training, although I knew chances of me finding a shiny then and there were very slim.

After beating a couple of Tangela and trashing a Meowth, I ran into a male Persian. I practically screamed when I saw stars fly around it. I kept yelling, "Oh my god! Holy crap!" and the like for a few minutes while staring at the screen in shock. I couldn't believe I actually found a shiny! This wasn't my first though, as I had run into a shiny Snover but accidentally fainted it as I didn't know what a shiny was back then, and I had caught my own shiny Flygon with some help from my little sister. This still was a very exciting moment for me, as it would have been to any of you.