Trick House, Mad House

had been travelling for quite a while on route 110, when I saw a rest house on the side of the road next to one of the cycling road's supporting pillars As me and Blaze, my growlithe, were both tired and sore from the long walk, we thought it's be a good idea to stop and rest a little. These rest houses are always appreciated!

I grabbed the door handle and pushed the door open, expecting to be greeted by a bunch of trainers enjoying a break and a soda, but this was not the case. The house was empty. Blaze didn't care, he rushed to a cushion lying on the floor, yawned, and scratched the cushion before laying down on it, happily enjoying himself.

I looked around the house, asking out loud if there was anybody else present, but my calls were left unanswered. I then saw a little note left on the desk and read it:

"Hello and welcome to the Trick House! Here, the rules are simple: find me, and you get a free prize!

Best of luck, the Trick Master"

I thought that was great; all kind of contests are being held here and there around Hoenn, giving out free TMs as prize, this must have been one of them, and there was one specific TM I had been desperately searching for quite some time. I decided to play along, but it turned out to be not that big of a challenge, as I soon as my eyes left the note, I heard something scratching nearby, as if someone had dragged something on the floor. I turned around and saw a huge vase standing where the sound seemed to come from. Blaze had heard it too and was already there, scratching the vase frantically.

I looked inside and saw someone sitting still, staring back at me.

"It's no use, I found you." I told the man, face-palming.

"Damnit!" He answered before getting up and handing me a TM. "Alright, here is your prize. Next time I'll be more careful! Come again!"

I soon left the house to continue my trip, kind of disappointed that it still was not the TM I had been wanting for so long.

I came back the next morning, curious about which kind of trick he was up to this time, and hoping it wouldn't be as pathetic as the day before.

Just like before, there was nobody in when I entered. Blaze started sniffing every corner of the house as I read the note left on the table.

"Hello and welcome to the second edition of the Trick House!

Here, the rules are simple: find me, and you get a free prize!

Best of luck,

the Trick Master

Hint: I am hiding in the backyard."

I laughed. Now he was basically telling us where he was, though I couldn't remember the house ever having a backyard the previous day. I saw a back door that wasn't there before and walked through it. There we were in the backyard. The Trick Master certainly outdid himself within a single night! I laughed even harder.

I found myself at the entrance of a small maze of freshly transplanted flowers and plants of all kind, completely secluded by a tall white wooden fence. it was actually pretty calming and beautiful to be honest. Blaze followed close behind, carefully sniffing his surroundings. It didn't take much time before I saw some bush move in the corner of my eye. It was either a Pokémon, either the Trick Master failing at subtlety again. It turned out to be the latter. Once again he gave me a TM and said he'd try harder next time. Once again I thanked him and left.

At that point I was laughing so much I was starting to cry. This was getting ridiculous. Little did I know things would soon change...

The next day I walked up to the house with Blaze again. The door was locked. I knocked and the Trick Master voice answered me.