Pokémon Fuchsia

This was based on an entry in a journal found on the side of the road outside of a small mental institution in Pennsylvania. It appeared to have been thrown from one of the second story . I found no other website more fitting to post what I had read. Believe what you will.

___________________________________________________________

I've always been a fan of the strange and the mysterious, especially in the world of video games. I used to be obsessed with reading rumors, like the Triforce in Ocarina of Time, or catching Mew in Pokémon Red and Blue. I even starting playing Pokémon hacks due to their odd and amusing qualities. The following is my first hand account on a game I encountered titled "Pokémon Fuchsia" for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance. I am writing this purely to describe the game to the reader. My purpose is simple. I am calling out to anyone who knows anything about this game, or anyone who actually in fact has the game in their possession, as I no longer do. I cannot stress enough how important it is for you, the reader, to tell me anything you might know about Pokémon Fuchsia, so I can find it, and destroy it. The next few paragraphs or so (I'm not sure how long it will take me to explain) should inform you as to why my request is so adamant.

My account starts as of earlier this year—March 3rd, 2013 to be precise. I remember the date because it was just one day prior to my 22nd birthday. Little did I know, my birthday would not be enjoyed, even in the slightest. I would spend it confined within my bedroom, but trapped, figuratively speaking, in a video game. I'm getting ahead of myself. It's just a little hard to write this when the thoughts of what I'm attempting to put in plain words still haunt me, as they do everyday.

I was spending the day with my friend, Ann. We had been best friends since we were little, but as of right now, we have not spoken since our awful experience with the "game". We probably won't speak ever again... Anyhow, we were at the local mall, and to my apprehension, she was looking for something to get me for my birthday. Though I tried to persuade her to keep her money, she was unbendable on the matter. If only I had tried harder. We came across a small pawn shop near the food court that specialized in old video games. I tried to hide my delight when we walked up to the shop, but Ann had already noticed the look in my .

"Come on!" she said, knowing that this is where she would find my gift.

"Alright, Ann, but I probably won't find anything in here that I'll like." I was lying through my teeth, for her wallet's sake.

We strolled over to a glass case in the shop, containing nothing but old Game Boy games. I saw some of my favorites, Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, , Silver, Crystal, and...huh? I noticed a GBA cartridge that had a purplish tint to it, with a faint hint of red.

"I've never seen that Pokémon game," I uttered to Ann.

She could tell I was bewildered, so she had the man behind the counter open the case. We took a closer look at the cartridge. I read aloud: "Pokémon: Fuchsia Version."

What the hell? There wasn't even a Pokémon on the front like a normal Pokémon game should have, just a swirl of purples and reds. Ann noticed that I was intrigued, and without a moment's notice, she swiped the game from my hands and went up to the counter to pay for it. I normally would have stopped her from spending her money, but I really wanted to play this game. It was clearly a hacked cartridge, but I knew I would enjoy it, whether it was a decent hack, or it was so bad that it made me chuckle. Either way, I had to have it.

After thanking Ann for my gift, and parting ways with her, I drove home, excited to play "Pokémon Fuchsia". I couldn't help but stare at the cartridge, sitting there in the passenger's seat. The swirl of colors was almost mesmerizing. Before I knew it, I could hear the loud sounds of swerving vehicles, and car horns. I looked up to notice that I was driving on the wrong side of the road. I quickly adjusted my car, and kept driving. I looked at my surroundings, and noticed that I was almost home. "What? That should have taken me at least half an hour." I looked at the clock and noticed that almost half an hour had passed since I left the mall. How long had I been staring at the game? I shrugged off the event, knowing that dwelling on it would only make me feel paranoid. I arrived home a few minutes later.