Disabled

When it comes to Pokémon, my favorites have to be Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff. When I was a little girl, I'd dream of having a puffy Jigglypuff. I even used to have a bunch of Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff plushies.

They would surround my pillow, and each night, I would cuddle with a different one, just to make sure they each got some love.

Anytime my Jigglypuff or Wigglytuff used Sing, I would hum the little tune with them, thinking it made my chances better for the opposing Pokémon to fall asleep. I was very naive back then, but it was blissful innocence to be honest.

Hell, I even played Jigglypuff in the Brawl games. I didn't care if anyone else didn't like her, I did.

So, when I got my hands on Pokémon Soul Silver when it first came out, I of course made it my mini mission to find a Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff. I went through the game, waiting for Puffs and Tuffs to show up. I encountered the occasional trainer with a Puff or Tuff, but I soon found out that Jigglypuffs could only be caught in one set area, which I later found to be the game's Safari Zone, and Wigglytuffs could not be found in the wild at all for me.

At that point, Safari Zone was not active for me, so I was stuck waiting a little while longer to capture my beloved Puff.

After a week or so of battling and school work, Safari Zone was finally available. I went there once I had a chance to go and went on a hunt for Jigglypuff. And, of course, it was not easy. I ran into maybe eight the first trip and lost all eight of them. I remember calling my DS lite a cheater.

Next day, though, I finally caught my first Jigglypuff. I happily named her Juun and put her in my party ASAP. It took some time to get her up to the level of the rest of my team, but well worth it for me. I even kept her Sing, since it felt so nostalgic to hear that lovely tune again.

Sadly, school got busy for me for a while, so I was forced to put my game on hold. But, once I got my free time back, I went right back to work, making sure all my Pokémon loved me, especially my Juun.

But I still didn't have my Wigglytuff. I didn't want to lose Juun so I thought about getting an already evolved Wigglytuff, since Safari Zone has proven its dislike of me. So I set a call out on the Wireless Trade asking for a Wigglytuff, any gender and any level. I wasn't picky at the time, but now I wish I had been picky. In exchange for a new Wigglytuff, I put out a wonderfully bred Totodile that had some killer moves, even for a level six.

I waited for hours, thinking someone would see the quality right away and send a trade. I waited days, maybe someone would just happen to want a Totodile to raise. Nearly two weeks had past and I still had no response. I had already given up hope and was ready to use a Moon Stone on Juun.

I ended up checking one last time to make sure, and I wanted to get my Totodile back somehow, if no one was going to take him. But it didn't send me to the main menu for the Wireless Trading. Instead, I got the dramatic evolving music and a Pokéball came flying from the top screen to the bottom. Finally, I got my Wigglytuff.

I quickly logged out to see my new friend. A female Wigglytuff, level twenty-six. The name was a bit odd though. DISABLED. In all caps. I didn't get why someone would name a Wigglytuff that, but I had seen stranger names for Pokémon. I just wished I could have changed it, but for some reason, you could never change the name of traded Pokémon.

Its information was a bit odd, but I was never one for those kind of details, or learning the meanings behind those details.

Gloomy nature.

And it only knew one move. Sing.

I didn't recall ever seeing Gloomy before, but I had seen Timid, so I figured if they can be shy they can be sad too. Though, you would have to wonder what Pokémon would be Gloomy. And the fact it only knew Sing did bug me. It would have been nice if its previous trainer left some more moves, but I had some nice TMs to try on it anyway.