The New Girl

Chapter 1: Wolf Moon

"As you all know, there indeed was a body found in the woods last night." Their teacher ranted on, writing on the chalkboard. I turned around and looked at my boys as Stiles winked at Scott and had an adorable little smirk on his face. I smiled slightly before turning back around and facing the teacher.

"As I am sure, your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened. But I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody." Cue confused Scott and Stiles. "Which means you can give your undivided attention to the syllabus which is on your desk outlining this semester." The teacher went on as I twirled my pen in my hand. Many groans and sighs were heard and I'm pretty sure someone hit their head on their desk.

I laughed lightly at everyone's hatred of school. I didn't hate school, I was actually very smart and so was my sister, holding a 4.5 and 5.0 GPA average. Lydia just didn't like to show it. She didn't like to show anything she was good at because of Jackson. I'm pretty sure the only time she would show her smarts would be in a life or death situation.

I looked down at the paper, reading over it and realizing I already knew about most of these things, and the others I just needed to brush up on. I'd certainly already read Othello.

Looking up as the door opened, I noticed the principal and a very pretty girl walk in. "Class this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome."

The principal walked away as Allison shyly walked to an open seat, keeping her head down. I smiled at her as she passed and she returned the favor.

I looked to where she sat down; right behind Scott. Scott turned around and handed her a pen, causing both Allison and I to give him looks of confusion. Allison said a quick 'thanks' as Scott turned around with a smile on his face. I smiled too, noticing the look on Scott's face. I was going to have to help him out with this one.

"We'll begin with Kafka's Metamorphosis, on page 133." Mr. Anderson began as I opened up my book to start the lesson.

()()()()()()()()()()()

Walking down the hall with my sister, I led her over to Allison before lacrosse practice, seeing her and Scott smile at each other from across the hall. I grinned until Lydia interrupted the cuteness.

"That jacket is absolutely killer. Where'd you get it?" Her voice raised, arm held up. Her jacket was now gone, where I couldn't guess. She held herself in such a typical popular girl form when she was at school, it was honestly sickening. She didn't like to show her emotions. Or her brain. Or her talents. Or really much of anything that made her...her. She was so different under the false persona she put up and I wish more people knew it.

"My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." I could tell she was slightly uncomfortable, so I gave her a warm smile and stuck out my hand, she grabbed it.

"Rae Martin, I hope we can become really good friends." My sister, of course, had a different approach.

"And you are my new best friend," Lydia said, pointing at Allison. I rolled my eyes at her. Jackson then walked up and placed an arm around her waist.

"Hey, Jackson." Her voice was automatically higher as they started kissing. I noticed Allison was uncomfortable still, which was understandable, so I stood next to her.

"You'll get used to it. She's a little hard to manage at first but once you get past the layers she's an amazing person." I told her, hoping to help. Allison smiled a bit and turned towards me.

"Thanks. You guys are so different." She said softly. I laughed a little.

"Actually we're not. Lydia just puts up a persona. For some reason, she thinks she can't be popular if she's not a cliche. She really is amazing. You'd be surprised at how smart she really is." I told her, smiling. Allison just smiled back and turned back to Lydia as she started talking again.