A Little Ali Argent, A Little Isaac Baehey

Chapter 5: Pack Mentality

"Hey, thanks for the ride. I'm not sure what's wrong with my car." I thanked Allison, turning to look at her with a smile playing on my lips.

"It's no problem Rae, I wanted to spend some time with you anyways." She responded, a big grin on her face as she glanced over before focusing her eyes back on the road.

"Well, that makes two of us. Do you want to hang out after school?" I asked her, hoping she'd say yes. I really liked Allison, she was cute, funny, sweet. Plus she's making one of my best friends a very happy man.

"That would be great, but I do have a date tomorrow with Scott, so that means you have to help me figure out what to wear," Allison told me, blushing a bright red as she spoke of her boyfriend.

"I will gladly help you with outfits, just don't be surprised if Lydia shows up randomly to help. She will be obsessed with making sure you're up to her standards." Laughing, I looked over to see her laughing quietly as well.

"I'm not surprised. Your sister is great, but god she can be so..." She trailed off trying to find the right word.

"Prestigious? All out white girl? Pushy?" I questioned, smiling as we turned into Beacon Hills High; home of the cyclones.

"Yes, all of the above," Allison responded, also smiling as she looked for a decent parking spot. "I have noticed that she's way smarter than she lets on though."

I laughed, thinking back to all the times Lydia ranted about something stupid at school that she couldn't say anything about because she 'had to fake being a dumb blonde.' "I told you. She's super smart and really isn't that bitchy she just puts on this stupid act because she's convinced she won't be popular or have friends if she doesn't."

"I wish she'd just let everyone see who she really is," Allison said, calming down as she pulled into a parking spot surprisingly close to the front doors.

"Me too girl, me too," I replied, sighing as I grabbed my bag and exited the car. "So, where are you and Scott going tomorrow?" I asked in a slightly teasing voice, seeing her cheeks heat up.

"Umm, well I don't really know. We were going to decide what we wanted to do today." She told me, dropping her keys into her bag, shielding her face for a moment.

"Well personally I think you two are the perfect couple for a picnic out in the woods, but that can probably wait until all this craziness is over," I told her, smiling as I thought of how cute they would be at a picnic. It soon dropped as I thought about how crazy things have actually been.

"Yeah, you're probably right. A picnic would be really nice if this killer would just kindly go away." Allison joked lightly, looking a bit down.

"Hey, lighten up. You can do that another time and I'm sure whatever you two pick tonight it will be great." I said, hoping to cheer her up.

"You're probably right, and even if it isn't, at least I still get to spend time with him right?" Allison questioned, glancing over at me with a light grin spread across her cheeks.

"Exactly. You two could go to some swamp where rednecks are hosting a bull-riding contest and still have a good time." Laughing, I looked at her to see her smile before becoming distracted by a large group of kids in the hall. 

They were laughing. 

"Hey, I'll see you in class, I want to see what these bozos are laughing at." Smiling, I turned and faced her, walking backwards towards the group.

"Alright, see you later Rae." She waved before turning a corner as I continued making my way towards the other students.

"Hey, what are you guys-" My sentence was cut short as I noticed exactly what they were laughing at; another student. "Hey, back the fuck up and stop laughing you dimwits!" I yelled at them, pushing through to get to the young girl.