Stupid Derek. Stupid Teenagers

Chapter 9: Magic Bullet pt. 2

Hey, I just wanted to let anyone that didn't read last chapter's A/N to know this chapter will have nothing in Rae's POV. That's just how it worked.

Happy reading.

~SiriusCatBennett

~Stiles' POV~

Driving with one hand on the wheel, a permanent scowl had etched itself into my face due to the person I was currently glancing at heatedly. Picking up my phone, I threw it back down in irritation from Scott's unhelpful reply.

"Come on," I spoke quietly to myself, looking back out the windshield as I gripped the wheel. Having a sudden thought, I whirled around on Derek who had painfully peeled his jacket off. "Hey! Try not to bleed out on my seats. Okay? We're almost there."

"Almost where?" Derek inquired, head bobbing up and down as he grew weaker and weaker.

"Your house." I don't know why he didn't realize that. Where else was I supposed to take a werewolf who'd been shot with a magic bullet? A grumpy werewolf at that.

"What?" Derek asked, taking a moment. "No, you can't take me there."

Are you shitting me right now?! "I can't take you to your own house?" I questioned incredulously, getting closer and closer to being 100% done with the mysterious werewolf in the passenger seat.

"Not when I can't protect myself." He responded simply, irking me because where did he think I was taking him? Some secret bunker for werewolves that only I knew about?

Getting fed up, I abruptly pulled over on the side of the road, not caring about whether or not the jolts hurt him.

Cutting the power to the Jeep, I threw myself sideways, focusing fully on Derek for the first time since he'd gotten in the car. "What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet?" I asked him, hand twitching to the side. "Hmm? Are you dying?!"

Derek did a little shake with his head, skin looking more gray and pasty by the minute. "Not yet." He huffed a few breathes. "I have a last resort."

Freaking out at how clinically little information he gave even when slowly dying, I spazzed out in my seat, too many emotions coursing through my veins. "What do you mean?! What last resort?!" Throwing my hands in the air, I regretted looking down as Derek pulled up the sleeve of his shirt.

There, was a disgusting, festering, bloody, open wound with black streaks running from it. Like poison.

It was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen in my entire life.

"Oh my god." Face screwed up, I hid my eyes from ever seeing ever again under my hand. "What is that?" Feeling utterly grossed out, I tried to shake myself out of it.

Being the idiot I am, I looked back over, vision doubling as he moved his arm around, being able to see the raised skin where the hole went down. "Ugh. Is that contagious?" Squirming into the corner of my seat, I ran a hand over my buzz-cut head. "Ya know what, you should probably just get out." Yeah. Yeah, I liked that idea. A lot.

"Start the car." Derek huffed. "Now."

Excuse me?! Mouth agape, I stared in shock at the injured man in front of me. "Yeah, I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, ok? In-in fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out in the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Slightly out of breath, I stared directly into Derek's eyes, for once not being afraid of him.