Is There a Word Worse Than Disaster?

Chapter 6: Pack Mentality pt. 2

"Aww. About damn time." I vaguely heard a voice say above me.

"It's Lahey. Of course it's Lahey." My sister's voice rang out afterward, confusing me further.

"Oh, hush. At least she has a boy in her bed." I now recognized the other voice as my mother as I went to roll over but was stopped by something. Squinting my eyes open I looked down to see an arm wrapped around me, startling me until I remembered last night.

Glancing up, I saw my mother with a bright smile on her face and my sister with a scowl. "Go away." Dropping my head back down, I closed my eyes.

"Now sweetheart, be nice. You need to get up for school." My mom spoke, irritating me with my need for sleep. "And so does he." She added.

"Nuhuh." I groaned. "Alarm not buzz," I spoke groggily, not opening my eyes, trying to sleep.

"Look it's not our fault you forgot to set your alarm since you were distracted by other activities last night. At least we were nice enough to wake you up." Lydia spoke, further irritating me. Wait, what did she just say?

Eyes flying open, I looked up at her wide-eyed, simply staring for a moment. "Did you just insinuate that I had sex with him last night?" I questioned her, voice squeaking.

"Yes, quite disgustingly actually. Of all people Rae, really? He's your first time?" My sister looked at me incredulously, as if I had just ripped apart her designer handbag.

"That's rude. And you're a virgin?" I heard a deep, groggy voice say from behind me. Glancing back I noticed a sleepy Isaac lifting his head up. Once he actually processed the situation, his eyes went wide as he went to jump out of bed until I pushed him back.

"Go back to bed, Isaac. And yes that is rude Lydia and no I did not have sex with him, Jesus." Huffing, I ran a hand through my wild hair. "Now please go away." When neither moved, I threw an extra pillow at them. "Oouut!"

Quickly the pair of women scurried out of my room, but not before my mother sent me a wink and closed the door.

Groaning, I dropped my head back down. Suddenly a body was hovering over my own, startling me. Dropping my eyes down I quickly shifted them back up, trying not to let the position get to me.

"So. You're a virgin?" Isaac asked curiously, seeming genuinely surprised.

"Yes. Why is that so damn surprising?" Blushing, I pushed him away and got out of bed, glancing at my phone to check the time. Damn, they were right. I did forget to set my alarm.

"I don't know. I mean, you're one of the prettiest girls in school and you're popular. It's just shocking that no one's tried." He replied, staying on the bed as I walked into my closet.

"Believe me, they have. I've just never let it get from trying to doing. I'm not some dumb bimbo that drops her pants at the first flattering words that come from a boy's mouth." Searching through my clothes I found a nice white, flowy skirt with a black tree branch design and a black long sleeve shirt with a laced up v-neck. Pairing them with a black and grey cardigan and black chunky heels, I walked back out.

"Good." Slightly surprised at his reply, I looked over at him. "There's not enough of those girls. It's respectable."

A smile growing on my lips, I set the clothes and shoes on my bed. "You know Lahey, you're a lot smarter than you let on."

Blushing lightly Isaac said, "thanks, Rae. So now do I get to watch a famous Martin get ready?" A small smile played on his lips as he looked down at my clothes.