Red

Chapter 19: Co-Captain pt. 2

This song isn't in the chapter but I've been listening to a lot of Alec Benjamin and this song's been stuck in my head so..yeah. Also, it was originally in the chapter but I really try to keep with the timeline, so I changed my song choices. 

~SiriusCatBennett

"Jackson!" Lydia's voice called through the night air as she trudged through the lacrosse field in her heels. Holding her arms close for warmth in the cold night air, she called for the boy she loved once more. "Jackson!"

Suddenly, the giant lights outlining the field snapped on. One by one, they focused a blaring light at the girl as she spun around in fright and confusion.

Seeing a figure slowly approaching, she called out Jackson's name again, not being able to make out who was in front of her. "Jackson, is that you?"

Slowly coming to the realization that it was not, in fact, her ex-boyfriend, her lips released his name once more in a desperate attempt to make it so.

"Lydia! I screamed from somewhere in the distance, Lydia snapping her head back to see me running towards her. "Lydia run!" I shouted, grabbing her arm as I reached her to try and pull her away to no avail.

Before I could pull the girl away, Peter lunged forward and bit harshly into her side causing me to scream and-

I abruptly woke with a small scream, sitting up straight in bed as I panted. One hand held to my heart, I used the other to push back my sweat-soaked hair as I tried to calm down.

I knew Derek wouldn't be able to protect us all.

Pulling the covers off my body, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and set my elbows on my knees, placing my face in my hands as I took deep breaths.

I couldn't figure out why Lydia would be on the lacrosse field looking for Jackson or why she was dressed to the T. Realizing I couldn't even talk to the boys about this, I raked my fingers through my hair in a panic. I would just need to figure out when this is supposed to happen, and I would need to protect her better than I had in my vision.

Happy with the conclusion I'd come too, I sat up straight and threw my unruly hair into a ponytail. Glad it was the weekend, I texted Danny to tell him I was coming over so we could go running. I also sent a quick text to Derek, asking if he was alive.

Peter already killed his niece. Who's to say he wouldn't just kill his nephew too?

Walking over to my closet, I grabbed a sports bra, a plain oversized t-shirt, and a pair of black yoga pants. Undressing, I quickly pulled on the new clothes and grabbed a pair of socks.

Traipsing over to my bathroom, I sat on the toilet seat as I cleaned and rebandaged my wounds. Sliding the socks over my feet, I went and grabbed my running shoes and pulled them on.

Snagging headphones from my bag, I put them in my pocket and walked to my bed. Picking up my phone, I saw that Danny had responded saying he was busy. A bit bummed, I replied with a 'no problem, I'll just hit the gym' before putting my phone in my pocket as well.

Grabbing my light running jacket, I pulled it on before walking downstairs and picking up my keys. Leaving the house, I locked the door behind me and continued to my car. Pulling out of the driveway, I turned on the radio so it wouldn't be a silent drive. Flipping through the stations, I finally found one I liked and began singing along.

"I chime in with a haven't you people ever heard of..closing a goddamn door? No.." Humming the next few lines, I continued singing the rest of the song until it was over.