Tipping the Scales

Chapter 13: Night School pt. 2

Darting up the stairs, I almost fell as Stiles tripped but luckily only hit my knee before he pulled me back up as he straightened out. Trying to keep my mind off of the brutal scenarios that this night could now turn into, I barely registered Scott asking for Stiles' phone.

"No, it's me. Where are you?" Snapping my head over in Scotty's direction, I paid apt attention to the conversation at hand. I could barely hear Allison, but I still understood the context.

"Where are you right now?"

"Where?! Where are you exactly?" At this point, he was getting riled up and I couldn't blame him. I'd be going out of my mind if it was Stiles instead of Allison.

"Get to the lobby. Go now." With that said, Scott hung up the phone and thrust it out to Stiles before taking off down the deserted hallway. Fumbling with his cell and the flashlight, he managed to push the phone into his pocket before we stumbled after the werewolf for the millionth time tonight.

Racing down the halls, we took abrupt turns that almost ended in slamming into walls and corners before we arrived at the school lobby. Scott had already thrown open the door as we proceeded to run through them and skidded to a halt in front of his brunette haired beauty.

"Why did you come? Wh-what are you doing here?" He rushed out, looking to his girlfriend desperately for answers.

"Because you asked me to." Wait...what the shit?! There's no way Scott asked her to come here.

"Asked you to?" Allison glanced down at her phone before showing something on the screen to her boyfriend. I assumed it was a text.

"Why do I get the feeling that you didn't send this message?"

"Because I didn't."

"Alright, did you drive here?" Stiles shot out, knowing we had bigger issues than why Allison was here in the first place. We couldn't do anything about it now, all we could do was hope that her being here was actually a good thing.

I thought too soon.

"Jackson did."

"Wait, Jackson's here?!" Fear settled into the pit of my stomach like I'd never felt before in my life.

Even if I hadn't known that Lydia was with him tonight, I'd still know she was never too far behind him.

"And Lydia. What's going on? Who sent this text?" As each of the teenagers began freaking out for multiple different reasons, I was sucked into a fit of panic knowing that my sister had unknowingly walked into a school of death.

Allison answered her phone when it rang, asking who I guessed to be the other two people where they were. Abruptly after, the doors next to us swung open, revealing a pissy strawberry blonde and an annoyed Jackson Whittemore.

"Finally. Can we go now?" Lydia wondered until her eyes met mine. "Rae, what are you doing here?"

Eyes widening, I felt the words get caught in my throat at the intense panic rushing through my veins. I could deal with me dying. I could deal with getting chased around all night by a monstrous creature of the night. I couldn't deal with that happening to my sister.

It was almost ironic that at that moment noises began coming from above us, creaking emitting from the spackled ceiling. I couldn't speak due to the fear of my twin being injured or killed, and the thing that could do it was what saved me from trying to answer her question.

Turning my bug-eyed stare to the ceiling, Stiles and I both tightened our grip on each others hands at the same time. If it weren't for the situation, I would be fawning over how we'd barely let go of the other the entire night.