Jealous Stiles

Chapter 3: Second Chance at First Line

~Scott's POV~

What the hell was I supposed to do? I had taken both Stiles and Rae's advice and Allison had given me another chance. But what the hell did that even matter if her dad wanted to kill me?!

I continued walking into the locker room, dropping my bag on the floor as I made it to mine. I started taking off my padding and uniform, looking blankly in front of me the entire time. Turning around, I laid my back against the lockers with a dumbfounded expression, mouth agape. Suddenly I heard Stiles' voice next to me.

"Did you apologize to Allison?" He asked, sounding like he wasn't sure if he should or not.

"Yeah." Was all I could muster up in reply, still looking straight forward, trying to wrap my head around my life now.

"Is she givin' you a second chance, or.." Stiles continued, hesitant.

"Yeah." Was all I could mutter out again, still not turning to look at him. From the corner of my eye, I saw Stiles' hand shoot out and a bewildered, happy expression on his face.

"Yeah! Alright, so everything's good." He exclaimed, a smile on his face as he turned to leave. I struggled to breathe a bit and a distressed expression arose on my face.

"No," I said, the word half a whimper. Stiles moved back, obviously confused as to why I would say that.

"No," Stiles said with a concerned look, the smile wiped off his face.

"Remember the hunters?" I question, still staring forward. "Her dad is one of them." I struggled to speak, my mind scrambled.

"Her dad?" Stiles questioned in disbelief.

"Shot me..." I trailed off, lost in thought.

"Allison's father?!" I barely heard Stiles and didn't see that he looked as if his mind were about to explode.

"...with a crossbow." I finished my last sentence, eyes widening as I did so, filled with fear and disbelief.

"Allison's fa-" I cut Stiles off, finally snapping due to the situation.

"Yes, her father!" I yelled, out of breath and freaking out. I started hyperventilating, "oh my god, oh my god..." Stiles ran over and started lightly slapping me in the face.

"Scott. Scott." I groaned with a distressed expression. "Hey, hey alright. He didn't recognize you right?" He asked, looking me in the eyes and flailing his arms.

"No, no, I-I-I don't-" Stiles cut me off.

"Does she know about 'em?" He asked, causing me to freak out worse.

"Oh, yeah...I don't know." I turned to him, my eyes bugging out. "What if she does?!" My face was twisted up, Stiles waving his hand in front of me. "She's gonna kill me, man." My face held a tight grimace as I whined and I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. "I can't," I spoke, my voice cracking as the whistle blew.

"Okay. Just focus on lacrosse." Stiles said, grabbing my pads and uniform that I had formerly taken off. "Okay here, Scott. Take this. Take this. Just focus on lacrosse for now." He desperately tried to help the situation. "Okay? That's all you gotta do. Yeah? Here. We. Go." Stiles patted me on the arm with each word, before stumbling out of the locker room and onto the field, leaving me behind.

()()()()()()()()()()

~Rae's POV~

Deciding not to go to morning practice like I usually did, I slept in a bit longer and grabbed Stella's before school started. I drank my delicious caramel frappe as I walked through the school's front doors, walking towards the locker room to wait for the boys to be done. Scrolling through messages, I smiled at a gif Allison had sent me of a small kitten, laying down in a picnic basket. Laughing lightly, I looked up when I heard the locker room door open.