And Everything Comes Crashing Down

Chapter 22: Code Breaker pt. 2

I wasn't real sure of where to put this, but the last chapter of this book seems like a good place. The amazing Kait_14 made this and I love it sm!

 The amazing Kait_14 made this and I love it sm!

~Jackson's POV~

"Come on, Lydia." I huffed out, fear seizing my chest as I walked towards the school as fast as I could. Lydia's blood-soaked body was dead weight in my arms, never failing to remind me that I was a stupid fool. "Stay with me, come on."

"Someone help us!" I heard a scream from behind me, knowing it was Danny who was carrying an even worse looking Rae in his arms. "Please!"

As we got closer to the school, people started screeching as they finally caught sight of the bloody masses that we held close to us.

"Help! Help me! Get help, please!" I screamed, walking quickly through the throng of students that were scurrying away from us.

Only a single figure walked toward us instead of away. I didn't recognize the girl, but she obviously recognized Rae as she held a shaky hand up to her mouth. As I set Lydia down on the steps to the school, she walked around my body in a slight daze.

"Rae? Oh god, no." I heard her fall to the pavement beside me as Danny gracefully dropped Rae to the floor.

"Do you have a phone?" I asked her in a rush, looking over to see tears in the girl's eyes. Pressing my hands against the giant wound in Lydia's side, I watched as she rapidly nodded her head and pulled it out. I paid no attention as she dialed 911, I simply turned to look at Danny. "How is she doing?"

"I don't-I don't know man. She's not doing good." He spoke back, voice strained as he tried and failed to stop the bleeding. Dropping my head down, I let my mind be consumed by panicked thoughts before pushing them away.

Looking up, I glanced back over to the girl that was now stroking back Rae's blood-streaked hair as she spoke into her cell phone. "Yes, th-there's a problem. At the high school. Tw-two girls have been attacked." At the end of her sentence, she held the back of her hand to her mouth and let out a small sob before going back to stroking the red head's hair.

For the next seven minutes, the three of us sat there and panicked together as we tried to keep the girls from dying right in front of our school. After those seven minutes, we heard police and ambulance sirens blaring in the night as they pulled into the parking lot.

The students ambling around quickly scurried away as paramedics raced up the stairs with gurneys.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to let her go now." Looking up, I stared at the man wide-eyed until he nodded at me, understanding I didn't trust giving her to anyone else. "I won't hurt her, but she needs help. You want her to go to the hospital, right?" Glancing down at Lydia, I tucked her hair behind her ear and nodded before carefully trading off the girl to the man next to me.