Prologue: The Murder of One

“You can’t be serious, Sabrina!” I exclaimed, slapping her arm lightly as I let out a laugh of amazement. Sabrina, Sam and I were at the mall on a boring old Saturday, something we liked to do to kill time until Sam’s basketball game that night. To spice things up, Sabrina had chosen a top at random off the shelves of Urban Outfitters and was now attempting to smuggle it out of there unsuspected. With her long, straight blonde hair and bright blue eyes, Sabrina looked like an angel’s child. Nobody would suspect a thing.

“You’re not gonna get two feet out of this store,” Sam told us, shaking his head ruefully. We made our way out as casually as we could manage, but I couldn’t help the blush and laughter that emanated from my shaking form. Unfortunately, I was giggling so much that the guards caught wind of what we were doing just as we’d gotten to the relative safety of the open and crowded mall, and they immediately started to yell after us.

“Run!” my best friend screamed, and the three of us took off as fast as we could. Rounding a corner, the exit to the mall came into view, and we sprinted like our lives depended on it. Dodging clumps of gossiping teenagers much like ourselves, and sidestepping a middle-aged woman with a stroller and a snot-nosed toddler, I followed Sam in the direction of the street while Sabrina ducked around the corner of the building, into an ally.

“Wait…wait…we can’t leave without Sabrina,” I gasped, bending over my knees and sucking in plentiful gulps of deliciously fresh air now that the security had abandoned the chase. My heart was pounding in my chest, my blood was flowing, and my cheeks were flushed; I felt amazing. The rush of adrenaline was making me smile breathlessly and grab my other best friend’s hand, dragging him along until we stood in the entrance to the side ally of the mall. I hadn’t realized it indoors, but the day was starting to fade away. It was already seven o’clock, and darkness was descending. I could just barely make out Sabrina’s curvy figure in the shadows behind the building, and she appeared to be looking at something or someone. Huh?

“Sabrina?” Sam called uncertainly, stepping forward as if to protect me from whoever was down there. Just as the two of us were about to approach our friend, she turned and I let out a shriek in absolute horror. Something huge and filthy was holding her by the neck, its grotesque body covered in mangy fur and its blood red eyes boring into mine like I was staring into the Devil’s soul. I screamed again, stumbling backwards as fear gripped me, cold and unforgiving. Opening up its mouth, the monster revealed two rows of razor-sharp fangs that were dripping with saliva and looked strong enough to cut through rock.

“Sabrina!” Sam shouted, jumping forward as if to grab her. With a growl that shook me to my core, the animal snarled at Sam and then flung its head forward to rip its fangs through Sabrina’s neck. Blood spurted everywhere, splattering over me and Sam, and soaking into my thin black shirt.

I could taste the metallic tang of my best friend’s blood on my tongue as I screamed once again.

**************************************************************

Hey yall! So here's the first installment of my new alpha werewolf romance story, Tutoring the Alpha! This is the prologue, and it just kind of offers some background on what happened to the characters in the past to make them the way they are in the present :) So I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please vote, comment and maybe even fan me if you like this story! Thanks :) And pic of Ashley Benson as Sabrina! thanks xoxoxo