Hi From the Future :)

Hey there, salvachesterhale of the future here :) 

Thank you so much for reading Tutoring the Alpha. I know it's not a perfect book by any means, which is why I am rewriting it! 

I wrote this book back in 2015, and now, five years later, I have returned to my beloved characters and storyline because I know I can do better. I care so deeply about Benny and Mickey and their characters, which is why I felt a nagging sense that their stories had not been done justice. The ending was not what I had wanted, which is why I started a sequel (most of which you can also read). 

I will not be deleting Tutoring the Alpha nor the sequel, Crazy for the Alpha, because they meant a lot to me at the time that I wrote them and I want to honor my first attempt.

However, I am older, I am wiser, I am stronger (comment below if you get that reference :D) and I want to do this story justice. I want to give Benny and Mickey the story they always deserved.

If you enjoyed any part of TTA (the ending not included LOL), then please consider checking out the new version. It's called Flashlight and I'll be posting a new chapter every day for the next week! And then 3-4 times/week after that. If you're reading this way in the future (like past June 2020), then the book is probably already done! Yay. 

Flashlight is not the exact same plot as TTA, nor does it have the exact same characters. In fact, even Benny and Mickey are not the exact same characters. I've posted below the synopsis of Flashlight, and it would mean the absolute world to me if you would check it out. Much love to you all and if you made it to the end of this long author's note, then comment down below because you're a real one! xxxx salvachesterhale

***

Flashlight

Benny Chambers flees her dark past and begins fresh at the University of Virginia, trying to focus on her future instead of dwelling on her past. She is majoring in Business and working at a coffee shop, hoping to one day open up her own bookstore-cafe hybrid business. Although she and Sam aren't friends anymore (and haven't been for a long time), he ends up at UVA with her, playing for their basketball team.

Benny's darkness is turned on its head when she meets Mickey Sinclair Jr., star small forward on the UVA basketball team and the brightest thing to ever enter Benny's life. Mickey is the Golden Boy and Benny is a social outcast with a small circle of coworkers who she calls her friends: how could a relationship between them ever work?

....especially when Benny's dark past catches up to her in Virginia?

Can she and Mickey push through the darkness and rediscover the light they once had? Or will all the danger, secrets, and lies weigh too heavily on their blossoming relationship?