Chapter 19

KIAN'S POV:

I got home it was so dark. I hope Laura's safe.

I opened the door walking in.

"Yo Kian where were you? You were gone for like a whole day. They called when you got out of hospital." Jc said sitting on the couch with Lily.

"I um went to see Laura." I replied walking over to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and got out a bottle of water.

I walked back to the living room and sat on a opposite couch so that I was facing Jc and Lily.

"Where's Ricky and Connor?" I asked.

"I think they went like looking for apartments. I think they're considering moving out." He replied.
Then his phone started ringing.

He picked it up smiling.

"Hello Mrs Johnson," He smiled into the phone. Why would Laura's mom be calling at this time? "What?! No! Really oh my god! Me and Lily will come over as soon as we can." He said his expression completely changing.

"What's wrong?" I asked sipping on my water.

"Laura got arrested!" He yelled panicking.

I spat out my water everywhere. I was so shocked. No why did this have to happen to us?

"Apparently they found fingerprints on the knife that was used to kill Gabrielle." He continued. My eyes widened. "I didn't know Laura would do something like this. I know Laura wouldn't have done that."

"She didn't." I said standing up. Just then the doorbell rang.

I slowly walked over to the door Lily and Jc following. I opened it slowly revealing two police officers. No. This can not be happening.

"We found yours and Laura Johnson's fingerprints on the weapon that was used to murder Gabrielle Watson." One of them said. I sighed closing my eyes. No. God no.

"Kian Lawley you are under arrest for participating in the murder of Gabrielle Watson anything you say can and will be used against you in court." They said turning me around and violently putting my arms behind my back handcuffing them.

"Kian! Kian! No! He didn't do it!" Jc yelled.

"You and Laura have been very calm about this." One of the police said.

"That's because we didn't do it." Is all I said.

"You can explain that in court." He replied.

That was the last sentence I said that night.

I knew Laura was here, but she didn't know I was here.

JC POV:

Oh shit! I ran out of the door with Lily and we ran to Laura's house.

I knocked rapidly with my fingertips shaking.

Her mother opened the door crying. I pulled her into my arms. When Laura was in a coma, me and Lily introduced ourselves and helped out as much as we could.

LAURA'S POV:

I wake up to a police officer coming into my cell.

"Officer Williams wants to talk to you." He said grabbing my arms and pulling me out.

We walked to a room where there was a table and a chair at each side.

I sat down and officer Williams sat down on the other side.

"Hello Laura, I know you know me because I was the one who took your fingerprints. Anyways court is in 4 days. You have 4 days to prepare and remember everything that happened that night." He said calmly. I honestly didn't feel like talking at all.