Chapter 21

I thought I'd bring this back since everyone wanted me to carry on. Thank you for reading and voting whilst I was gone ily!

I was so stupid.

The whole cutting thing, the thinking I was fat and ugly. Going to jail made me realise everything. What's wrong with being fat or ugly? It's still human. If I could take the cutting back, then I would.

I should just be happy and grateful for who I am and what I have.

"Sweetheart are you ok?" My mom asked walking towards me with a sad expression on her face.

I jumped slightly at the sound of her voice breaking the silence.

"Oh...yeah...I'm just. I don't know...thinking about everything that's happened since we've moved to California." I sighed sitting up pulling up the blanket over my body.

"Yeah I know. It's been very hectic. I'm just so so glad you're back home though." She smiled weakly her bright blue eyes sparkling.

I sighed in response and played with the ends of my brown hair.

"I'm not ready for school yet." I mumbled looking anywhere but her eyes.

"I know, we're not going to force you after everything that's happened. Just rest George's coming home soon, he wants to spend some time with you."

I nodded before she pulled me into a hug and kissed my temple.

"I love you."

"I love you too mom."

"I'm sorry about your father. I really am." I rolled my eyes at the mention of my father.

"It's fine...I guess." I fake smiled trying to keep back the tears.

She nodded sadly as I lay on my back and watched her walk away.

I swallowed hard trying not to think about everything. I'm just glad I'm out of jail. The police have found something in the woods containing fingerprints and Gabrielle's blood. They can't find a match to the fingerprints and are still investigating.

At least me and Kian are out of the situation.

I didn't want to think about anything anymore. So I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.

-----

"Yeah thanks." I smiled grabbing the chips from George's hand.

"How are you feeling?" He asked stuffing his face with chips.

I laughed closing my eyes. "Relieved and angry." I replied.

"Why angry? Shouldn't you be happy?" George mumbled with a mouthful of chips.

"I guess. But dad..."

"Oh yeah you're not allowed to see him anymore right?"

"Well done." I groaned sarcastically clapping my hands.

"It's fine, you've got me." He smirked wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I shrugged his arms off me laughing shaking my head.

"Unfortunately. Dad's not only stopping me from seeing him for a few days but for like....ever." I sighed. "I want to run away." I whined laughing.

"Should I ask Andrea to come over and we can watch a movie or something. You missed quite a bit during the month."

I nodded crossing my arms over my chest.