Long Way Home

"And you know I'd never let you down, till the sun comes up we can own this town."

Mason still over thought it, she showed up at my room with three bags full of clothes and a box full of makeup. "Do you plan on putting on a fashion show or are you just nervous?" I asked and she glared at me, dropping all of her stuff onto my bed before sighing dramatically. "I'm allowed to be nervous, this is the first date I've been on in three years! Are you gonna get ready or are you just gonna stand there?" I looked down at my skinny jeans and tank top and then back up at her. "I am ready? I just need to put makeup on and grab my snapback?" I questioned and Mason shook her head at me, digging through her bags of clothes. "No, you're wearing something else. You look like you're hanging out with me, not like you're going on a date with your boyfriend. Here, wear this." Mason shoved a pile of clothes in my arms and I looked through them, raising an eyebrow at her like she was crazy. "High waisted shorts, a crop top, and a flannel? Mason, I'm tall as fuck; it's gonna look like I'm wearing underwear and a bra!" Mason ignored me and pointed to the bathroom, silently telling me to go get ready or else she would kill me. "You better wear something just as awful!" I called over my shoulder and I heard her grumble in response.

Like I expected, the shorts were half an inch away from showing buttcheek and the crop top clung to my boobs like a second skin. I sighed and put the flannel on and went to go show Mason what she had done to me. She was standing in front of my mirror with a skirt and crop top on, looking over her shoulder to see of her butt was showing. I cleared my throat to get her attention and she turned to look at me, breaking out into a grin. "You look hot. Like, if I were gay then I'd totally date you." she said, turning back to examining her outfit. "Are you sure? I just feel like people are going to see me and think that I'm a slut or something and I don't want that to happen." I fiddled with the end of the flannel and Mason walked over to me and put her hands on my shoulder, making me look down so I could see her eyes. "Lilly Ann, when's the last time you wore something that showed you actually had a body? Oh, that's right! Never. Michael's gonna fall all over himself when he sees you and if that's not worth it, then you can change back into what you were wearing before." I thought about it and shook my head, cracking a smile at Mason. "I mean, it would be kind of fun to shock the living hell out of him." I said and Mason giggled, pushing me towards the bathroom. "Go sit on the toilet and I'll do your makeup. But you're on your own with your hair. Just, like, curl it a little bit and make it look messy." Mason was a mess when it came to my hair, it didn't do much and that drove her crazy.

I went to the bathroom and did as she said, my hair first and the I waited for her to come and do my makeup. She walked in with her box and set it on the counter, digging through it until she found a base color that matched how pale I was. "I'm gonna give you: consealer, base, powder, bronzer, blush, highlighter, eyeliner, mascara, and do your brows. Just close your eyes and try not to move. Or breathe." Mason explained and forty minutes later she was done, letting me look in the mirror. "Mase, I look beautiful! Thank you." Mason rolled her eyes at me and pushed me out of the way. "You're welcome, now I need to do my face because we have twenty minutes before they get here and I look like crap. Go put shoes on."

I walked into my room and shoved my feet into my combat boots, grabbing Mason's Converse and putting them by the bathroom door before crawling on my bed and texting Michael until they got there. Mason came out just in time to help me off the bed so we were both standing up when Michael and Luke came into my room. They stopped talking mid-sentence and just stared at us, their mouths dropping open a little big and Mason grinned at me. "You guys look. . . wow. Just. Wow." Luke stumbled over his words and that seemed to make Michael snap out of his daze. "Jesus, you're gonna give the paps a heart attack. I vote you change. Luke, vote they change." Michael elbowed Luke in the ribs and he glared and Michael, but Mason interrupted before they could start fighting. "We're not changing, it took forever to look like this and I don't think you want to spend an hour waiting on us to get ready all over again. Besides. It's gonna take three years to get that top off of Lilly's boobs and I don't feel like dealing with it." Mason turned at me and winked, making me giggle into my hand. Michael shook his head and Luke looked up at the ceiling. "Trust me, we can see that. Come one then. We have the day planned out and it's gonna be fun." Michael muttered and he and Luke lead the way to their car, waving at Melody when we passed by the nurse desk. "Be safe! No babies!" she yelled and I cackled before blowing her a kiss and following everyone to the elevator so we could pile into the car.