Chapter Twenty:Control (Ryan's POV)

I held Hannah in the crook of my arm as if she were a baby. She had screamed for a long time before seeming to give out. As she tumbled to the hard floor, I had snatched her up and hugged her tightly. My wolf had gone insane, howling and whining. She sighed and I tensed, fearful that she would wake and begin to sob again. Her head rose slowly. "Ryan?" She whispered. I nodded.

    Her eyes filled with tears. I gripped her tighter. The wolf clawed me painfully. 'Out. Want out.' Out of where, dumbass? 'You. Let me go. She need help. My help.' No, she needs Abe's help. He is the alpha after all. 'No touch! She mine! I protect!' He roared. I had to admit, I agreed with him. Hannah grabbed hold of my shirt in a death grip. I gently pulled at her fingers so that she would let me go. She whimpered.

    'Let me go! Let me out! Now, stupid human!' I ignored him. She whined again. Pain coursed through my body. I clasped her as tightly as I could without hurting her. I knew for a fact how dangerous an out of control werewolf could be. I had torn down a wall. Connor tore a desk into splinters. Abe had torn down his first cabin. And that was when he was only slightly pissed. I imagined what I could do to Hannah's small body and shuddered.

    "I don't wanna go." She mumbled, sounding like a frightened child.

    "Aza is coming to." I knew this was a cheap shot, but I just hoped it worked. 'Awwwrr! LET ME GO! FUCKING HUMAN! LET ME GO!' He screamed. He was howling and screaming. He was clawing my mind to shreds, fury pouring through him.

    "Ryan, what is wrong with your eyes?" I snarled in frustration as I struggled to shove him back. He refused to back down. I could feel sweat on my brow and the familiar pleasure-pain of the beginning of the change. The bones in my hands began to shift. I could feel them cracking and rearranging.

    "NO!" I yelled, toppling off the couch onto the floor. 'Yes.' He was through my mind, tearing across my body, overtaking my limbs. My bones shifted faster. "No! Let me go! Stupid human, I am taking control now. I'll protect her." My ribs broke. I had never rejected the change. It hurt like hell.

    "Ryan?" Hannah asked.

    "Go, now! Get to-to Abe!" I said. I writhed on the floorboards. No, no, no, no, no, no, yes. The human was gone. He glanced at his mate with eyes red as blood. She cowered from his massive wolf form, the bones still slightly deformed from the abnormally rough change. The wolf felt bad for frightening her. He stepped forward slowly, his steps clumsy from the lack of speed.

    The wolf could sense Abe nearby. He knew that he was going to come here. He knew Abe would help him. Hannah gazed at him nervously. The supposedly vicious creature lowered his belly to the ground. His butt rose in the air as he crawled to her. When she flinched away he ignored the spear of pain and wagged his tail.

    "Ryan, I am scared. What just happened?" Her voice was music to his ears. The fury and pain that had filled the wolf's heart receded momentarily. He took in her gorgeous face. Her hair was a wild mass of curly blond-brown hair. She had porcelain skin and strange eyes. A noise went through the morning air, to quiet for the human's weak ears. The wolf's hackles rose. He huffed angrily and settled down next to her. She sighed defeatedly and curled against him as exhaustion pierced her.

Abe's POV (Suprise!!!)

    Aza sat on my back, her body close to mine. I sat her down as we arrived at Ryan's house. I glanced in the window. A huge dark brown wolf sat with Hannah curled into him, looking uncharacteristically small and scared. I crept forward slowly, Aza stood trembling behind me. She froze when she saw Hannah, her big eyes widening.  

    "What did Ryan do to Hannah?" She asked furiously. I sighed and shook my huge head.  Her face had lines of fear and worry on them. "You said we need to get out of here to the boarder, right?"

    Once again I nodded. "So we go there, they guard us, and what happens to you?" Her eyes had filled with sudden fear and faint fury. "Oh no. No way are you going to get yourself killed by this thing." I gazed her, taking in her pale skin, big blue eyes, and black hair. Her body was thin and her muscles exhausted from holding in the fear. There was no way I was letting her get hurt or worse...killed.

    We stepped forward and into the house. There was something not right here. I could sense it. Suddenly Aza's face twisted in horror. "Abe, look at his eyes!" She screeched. Ryan's eyes were blood red. That only happened moments before death, or when the wolf took over. Against the human's will. Ryan snarled viciously at me.

    He snapped at Aza unknowingly. Hannah struggled in my direction, and Ryan didn't stop her. Until she touched my paw. Then he snarled and jumped forward fast as lightening and clamped down on my leg. I ignored the flash of pain from where his teeth tore my flesh. I knew now what had happened.

   The wolf had taken comtrol. The dreaded behavior and 'sickness' had rose up once more. It was a nightmare come true.

Not my best chapter. Sorry in advance. Right, what do you think is going to happen guys? Have any guesses? Oh, I want you guys to tell me what song you want for this chapter. First come first serve.