Chapter Twenty-four:Win (Abe's POV)

I felt strange. As if I were trying to walk through syrup. My limbs were heavy and numb. My eyes were sightless, my nose useless. It made me feel worthless and vulnerable. I struggled to turn my head. As I did so, I swore to God I heard Aza. Sounds from her I had hoped to never hear again. Awful, heart-wracking sobs. My wolf flinched and pressed against my temple, wild with worry. I was trying to shut off my heart, knowing I would never be able to see her gorgeous face again. My heart didn't want to be cold.

    The terrible sound got louder and even more gut wrenching. I felt my lungs give when they invaded my area. My eyes teared automatically at the sound of her, and at the memories of my banished times flooded me. There was only one thing I could think or say. But I had not intended to say it aloud. "Pl-ease do-on't cry." I said, my throat aching. I felt my dry, cracked lips against my tongue. My mate's cries stopped.

    "Abe! Oh my God, Abe, are you okay?" She said frantically. My howling wolf only became more wild when he heard her. I could understand why. He wanted to see her so badly. It had been a long time since he had seen her, or even been close to her. He longed for her tender hands brushing through his fur, the light strokes of the brush getting rid of the snags. He was only slightly calm even after hearing her speak.

    "Well, no, of course you aren't alright, but tha-"  I interrupted her with a weak grin.

    "I am al-right. Water?" I couldn't see her, but I could hear her little body jump up and scamper for water. My wolf was calling me many foul names for sending her away. He wanted her back and safely tucked against his belly. I admit to the fact I wanted that to. I could hear the pitter-patter of her bare feet against the hard wood floors as she rushed back. I felt the glass at my parched lips, but was so engrossed in her cinnamon scent I forgot to open my mouth and ended up with liquid dribbling down my throat. She once again held it up so I could drink.

    "Aza...he wants to come out. Will you let him?" I asked, glad my voice was stronger after I drank. I flickered my eyes nervously. Almost immediately her hand brushed my eyelids. I love the softness of her fingers. They were soft and gentle, but very strong. He was yowling in his mind, not leaving me alone. 'Out, want out! Want mate!' Please shut up.

    "You should be able to. Abe, I want you to open your eyes for me. Even if it takes a lot of effort." Anything for her. I fought a miniature battle with my eyes, trying to make them open. When they finally did, I was blinded. Light flew at my pupils and color flooded my mind. I could see everything with amazing clarity. Even better than with my wolf vision. I stared at her face. I was completely unprepared for my reaction.

    My wolf went crazy instantly. He craved her to such an extent that it was causing him pain. 'Mate, mate, mate. So pretty.' He pulled me forward, making my arms move to grab her. Her small body pressed against mine. I needed to let go before I hurt her...

    The wolf nuzzled his mate, the pain of her absence fading, but still stunningly clear. Her warm scent invaded his mind, warming his heart and soothing his nerves. He pressed against her, wanting her to feel him. She snuggled into him. He was mesmerized by her glossy black hair with it's single purple streak. Her pale skin and flashing blue eyes. "Abe, you lived." He nodded the strange human skull, confused about where his nostrils were, but not really caring.

    "Do you know what that means?" He sighed, honestly not giving two shits what it meant. He just knew that his mate was in his arms and her warm smell was penetrating his nose. "It means you aren't a darkwielder. Your mom was a lightwielder. A Seelie Faerie, which is even more amazing. When you used the Blade of Night it recognized the darkwielder very quickly, but after we took care of you for a while it seemed like it realized you weren't the enemy. We thought it had done to much damage, Abe. But we won."

    He knew what this meant. The human gave a spark of recognition, but he was content with letting the wolf have his moment. "Aza, sleep." He said. Aza grinned brilliantly.

    "Good idea."