Chapter 13

Super Dramatic chapter oh well

NEWT'S POV

I woke with Mollie pressed against my chest, sleeping. Wait what. Then I remembered how she had asked me to stay last night. I looked at her now, she looked so much more peaceful when she was sleeping. Carefully, I swept a piece of hair from her face.

Moments later, her eyes fluttered open and she shifted her body to face me. Her eyes met mine, studying intensely.

MOLLIE'S POV

I woke up in my bed with...Newt with me? My mind flashed to my nightmare yet... I didn't have another. I turned to face him, and my eyes locked with his. My heart seemed to flutter in my chest when....

"Rise and shine!" Minho yelled as he burst through the door. Both he and I snapped our heads to face him, standing at the door frame. He smirked at us, lying all tangled together as he left the room muttering about something.

"Well, love, let's go get some breakfast." I nodded and followed him to Frypan's kitchen where he picked up his Runners' lunch. We sat at a table with Minho and Gally. After we had breakfast, Gally and I headed off to build things. He was acting a little strange today...Hm.

"Hey Mollie!" he called. I went over to him and he gave me my next assignment. I was to build a bulletin board for the Glade. There we would post announcements and job listings and things.

By the end of the day, I had finished the board, and painted it a bright cherry red. Gally groaned when he saw the color, but nevertheless let me hang it up in front of the Homestead. "Hey Mollie, let's call it a day!" Gally said nodding to the kitchen. As if on cue, my stomach rumbled.

Gally laughed as we told each other corny jokes about Frypan's food on the way on the way. We sat at our usual table with Minho and Newt. I felt off, and I think Gally noticed because he asked if I was okay. Something bad was going to happen tomorrow. I knew. I retired early, heading up to my room in the Homestead. I couldn't fall asleep, because my mind was spinning.

I wish I had my memory, now more than usual. I felt like my past self knew what was going to happen.. I laid awake for at least three hours, all the other Gladers had headed to bed about an hour ago. Sighing, I looked out the window, viewing the Glade. Would we ever leave here? Would the Runners ever find a way out? I wish I was a Runner. Wait what? I like being a Builder with Gally. He'd never let you go into the Maze, he cares too much, and it's dangerous. Pushing my confusing thoughts away, I got up out of bed, leaving my room.

I really didn't want to sleep, to get another nightmare. My feet subconsciously carried me down the hall, and I found myself standing in front of Newt's room. I raised my hand to knock when the door swung open.

Newt stood at the door, looking all sleepy. He looks really cute. What no. Mollie stop. He simply raised an eyebrow when he saw me standing at his door. He held the door open wider, gesturing for me to come in.

He got back in his bed, and I crawled in with him. Newt wrapped his arms around me, hugging me closer. I felt safe, in his arms, and my mind started to drift. "I really do like you Mollie." he mumbled.

I stiffened up for a second. Does he know I like him too? "I like you a lot too Newt." I buried myself in his chest, falling asleep with happy thoughts. All of them being Newt.

In the morning, he took me to carve my name in the wall. As I stepped back, he admired my work. Carving your name in cursive with a knife is really hard. My name was right under his, and next to Gally's.

"Will you be my girlfriend Mollie?" I looked at him to see if he was joking. He was not. Yes. What will Gally think? I thought. He noticed my hesitation and said quickly, "I asked Gally and he was okay with it, but he did say, quote, 'I know she really likes you, so if you want to pursue it than that's okay with me. But, if you break her heart you won't see the light of day.'"

"Of course I will!" I squealed. He smiled and picked me up bridal style, racing to Frypan's kitchen, me giggling in his arms. I noted Gally wasn't at breakfast... which meant I could go do whatever yay! By lunch, I was starting to get a little worried. None of the Builders knew where he was, and Alby didn't either.

Most of the Runners came back in mid-afternoon, and they hadn't seen him either. Newt hadn't come back yet, so Minho went to look for him. The Doors were gonna close soon, and they weren't back. I spotted them at the end of a corridor, 5 minutes till doors closing. Newt and Minho were carrying and unconscious Gally. I shouted for help, the Med Jacks arrived promptly with Alby on their heels. They weren't going to make it, but Alby ran to them, helping drag Gally closer.

I can't lose all of them! A really irrational idea popped in my head. I closed my eyes and called out to Teresa. Teresa!

Yes? she replied.

The Doors, they're closing on four people. Can you keep them open? They're almost there...Please. I begged her. If my memories were correct, she had a couple shifts in the control room.

I can't do that Mollie, they'll catch me. They don't know I can talk to you, and if I did, then I'd be breaking protocol. she responded sadly. I desperately thought of anything to use against her, to get her to change her mind. Thomas! She liked Thomas.

But Teresa. I reasoned. If they catch you they'll put you in the Maze right? At least then you'll get to be with Thomas.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN! she shouted and I winced. 2 minutes left.

TERESA I REMEMBER, THEY'RE PUTTING HIM IN THE MAZE INSTEAD OF JONATHAN. HE ISN'T WITH WICKED ANYMORE. I shouted back.

I could sense her heart breaking. I was surprised she didn't know....Fine, I'll help you. I know I'm going to regret this... Ugh.

"It's 6:00!" One Glader shouted. The Doors started to close, wind whistling between them. I saw them struggling with Gally between them. Teresa hurry!

I'm trying! she yelled back. I've hacked into the system, how much time do you think they need?

Maybe 2 minutes? I replied. That would surely give them enough time. The doors only had 4 feet between them, when they stopped. They dragged Gally along, and once they made it within the Glade, the Doors slammed closed.

Thank you Teresa, I'll never forget this. I said to her. They were rushing Gally to the Homestead, and I could tell from here, he was stung.

They found out Mollie, I'm going in with Thomas instead of Lily. She said wearily, before her presence in my mind vanished.

Did you guys like it? I'm setting something up, don't worry, the drama shall slow down in a couple chapters.