Chapter 3

I'm back!

Mollie woke up when Gally dragged her to breakfast. She sleepily got her plate from Frypan and sat down next to Newt. When he saw her he quickly turned away. Since he was almost done, he finished quickly and walked away. Well, I do suppose the runners have to leave early but.. couldn't he have said hello? This hurt Mollie much more than she would've expected.

Mollie watched his lean figure jog all the way over to the East Door. Gally noticed her staring and sat in Newt's now empty seat.

"It's rude to stare you know..." Gally said.

Mollie cheeks flushed red and she looked down, chastising herself. He doesn't even like you Mollie. You've only known him a couple days. For all you know he hates you. Wait what? No, Newt couldn't ever hate anyone.

"Hey Mollie, ready to work with me today?" he asked gently.

"Sure, so long as I'm only doing blueprints. Where'd Newt get off to by the way?" Mollie asked.

"He's a runner, and they gotta leave early. That's why I sat over here, since you looked sorta lonely once he left... Mollie, do you like him?" Gally said.

Mollie sat there speechless. Do I like him? Well, he's a very likable person in general but... To Gally, she simply replied, " I don't know, I haven't been here that long, but he seems nice."

Gally looked somewhat relieved with her answer. They both finished their breakfasts and headed to work. Gally told her that he needed 2 chair blueprints, and one dresser. Mollie began to work on the dresser's blueprint, but her mind slowly wandered to other things. Mollie looked down at her blueprint to find an ornate dresser with carved flower designs. Oops. I was supposed to create a standard one. Oh well...

"Mollie! You were supposed to create a dresser for a guy's room!" Gally said, slightly annoyed. "I suppose when we finish it you can have this one and someone else can have yours..."

"Thanks Gally! I'll work on the chairs now." Mollie said. Two hours later, Mollie had finished the blueprints for the chairs...making sure to doodle on the edges of the paper this time. She sat up and called Gally over to inspect her work.

"Great work Mollie! We'll go get our lunch now." Gally said. He draped his arm over my shoulder and we headed to lunch. Frypan had made ham sandwiches, so they grabbed that and some water. Gally led her over to his table of Builder friends, but she shrugged him off and went to sit at the table she had sat at with Newt at breakfast.

Gally looked at her and sat with his friends, sensing she wanted some alone time. Mollie slowly ate her lunch and pondered about some things. I wonder how that girl in my head is... Mollie concentrated and called out to her. It was harder because she didn't know what the girl looked like, and couldn't picture her in her mind. Finally, Mollie managed to say, Can you still hear me?

Mollie? Is that you? The girl replied in her head. I'm not supposed to be able to talk to you Mollie. I hacked their system. I will see you soon, but please don't contact me this way again.

Wait! Mollie called out with her mind. What's your name?

My name is Teresa, and I have to go because they're coming. They can't find out about this. See you soon, bye. The girl replied.

Then, Gally walked over to her table and said, "Hey, you done with your lunch? We should probably get back to work." Mollie nodded and Gally picked up her tray and dispensed it to Frypan. They walked back over to the desk where Mollie had been working that morning.

"So, you need to weave 5 baskets for the Track-Hoes today okay? I'll show you the weaving pattern. If you finish, then you're free for the day." Gally said. He showed Mollie the weaving pattern, then went back to work on the shack he was building. Mollie sighed and looked at the reeds that needed to be weaved. Maybe if I finish in time I can be at the Doors when Newt comes back. Gally had said the Runners usually came back around 3-4, and she could easily finish the baskets before then.

Mollie set to work on the baskets. In.Out.In.Out. she weaved until her fingers ached. She had just completed the fifth basket when Gally came to check on her. "Good work Mollie. You're free to go now. To greet Newt at the doors I presume?" he said with a smirk. Mollie swatted him away and jogged over to the doors. Her watch said 3:30, so the Runners would be back soon.

Minho came back first, and he waved and called a greeting as he made his way to the Homestead. Mollie waited another 15 minutes before Newt rounded the corner. He was holding his hand to his head. Something's wrong. Mollie waited right beside the doors, and as soon as he crossed into the Glade, Newt collapsed in her arms.

Mollie looked at him, and saw his head had a large gash on it. How on earth would he get that? Mollie realized he needed medical help, and fast. The gash on his head was starting to bleed more heavily. Mollie ripped off the edge of her shirt and pressed it to the gash. "Alby! Minho! Gally! Help!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

Mollie looked back down at Newt. He was regaining consciousness, and was moaning in pain. Alby and Gally had heard her call, and they now crouched next to the bleeding boy as med-jacks were called. What did this to him? Mollie thought.

Clint and Jeff carried him to the Homestead, while Mollie broke down in tears. Why am I here? This is all too overwhelming, I just want to go home. I don't want to be here. I want this all to end. Mollie ran into the Deadheads. She could faintly hear Gally calling out for her to come back, but she ignored them. Mollie finally stopped at a nice oak tree with wide branches. She climbed as high as was safely possible, then leaned her head against the trunk.

Mollie looked down to the forest floor below. She could hear Gally stumbling around the Deadheads trying to find her, but he was looking in all the wrong places. He was always pretty clumsy. Mollie thought amused. The forest floor was littered with fall colored leaves. I wonder if... No. I won't let myself think like that. I couldn't leave Gally after all we've been through together. For just a moment there, Mollie had considered jumping off the branch she was on. She was high enough to do it.

Mollie sat there in peace for a good hour, wrapped in a serene feeling. Gally's voice abruptly jolted her out of her trance. "Mollie? Where are you? I know you're somewhere around here, and everyone is worried."

Mollie was so startled she ungracefully fell out of the tree. As she felt herself falling she called out to Newt with her mind. Help.

As soon as she hit the floor, her vision became crowded with black dots. She felt Gally by her side and realized he must have heard her fall. His words were blurring together as she fought to stay conscious. He said something that sounded like, "You're gonna be okay." Little did she know, that was the last thing she would hear for a while. The black dots crowded her vision once more, and she fell into a sea of blackness.

So there's another chapter! Do you like it so far? Vote if you like it! Comment on what you think will happen next!