We'll Rule the Dark Side Together

"No one knows you're here," I say. "I came alone." There's no reason for him to know about BB-8. "And I found you by following the Force-"

"Don't toy with me!" Kylo's voice booms. His Force grips me so hard that for a moment I can't breathe. And then he's in my head, reading everything, going deeper, and I can't make him stop.

"Stop," I growl, but he doesn't. I watch him move toward me. His expression changes as he comes closer, his eyes studying mine.

"You are alone... and you followed this connection you feel..." he stops, his curious expression changing to confusion, then his eyes search mine again. "You don't dream of the ocean at night anymore. You dream... of me."

My cheeks grow hot. "Get out of my head," I whisper with as much menace as I can muster. I try to fight back.

"You see us together," he says softly. His face is so close to mine I can feel his breath on my neck. His fingers hover near my temple as he searches my mind freely.

"Get out," I breathe. Hot anger consumes me, giving me strength. I close my eyes, fighting back. I can't unlatch him from my thoughts but I break from his hold on my body long enough to step back and reach out my hand to him, capturing his thoughts in return. I can read him now. He considers breaking our bond, unable to decide whether he should break away or search for more information that he wants, at the expense of revealing his own thoughts. He wants to know more about Luke's capture, which he was unaware of, and Snoke's plans, which I don't actually know anything about but he searches anyway.

A sea of loneliness washes over me. It's his loneliness and it's all consuming, frightening almost... I look further, unable to help myself. He was planning to come after me. He also has dreams with me in them, but he didn't know what they meant. He was thinking maybe it was the Dark Side calling to me, the opposite of what I was thinking. There is more... so much pain. It's so intense I almost cry out. He didn't want to kill his father and the regret is killing him inside, but he continues to tell himself it was necessary, that it was his choice, but in a way it wasn't really his choice...

"Stop!" Kylo yells. But I don't, I keep searching as he searches me. He sees my memories of being a little girl and my family leaving, me crying out over and over for them to come back, until I had no voice left. I don't want him to see those memories. I go farther back in his memories. He was sent away, by his mother, by Leia, when he needed her the most...

"Let go!" He shouts.

We're facing one another, just like in the dreams I've had, our hands reaching out toward each other. I don't want him to see those dreams, to understand the power we could have together. But he does see them. He looks down to my outstretched fingers and slowly moves forward. The motion pushes me back, but I resist the Force that is pushing between us, pushing us apart, the Dark and the Light, repelling. I want our hands to touch. He does too. He's curious. His mind races with thoughts, of us, of the power we could have together, of the Dark side and the Light.

And for a moment I see it, the Light inside of him. It is there. It is the part of him that regrets killing his father, the part that yearns to be free from the burden of following in his grandfather's footsteps, a burden he took on a long time ago and confirmed when he killed his own father. Now he believes he can never turn back, that this final Dark act has turned him completely over to the Dark Side.

"Get out of my thoughts, Rey," he says between clenched teeth. But he doesn't pull away from me. He wants to try using the Force together. All we need is to close the gap, to touch while we're both using the Force and while we're open to each other.

I don't know how much longer I can hold on like this, but his determination keeps us connected. We both push forward, both try to touch fingertips, but the Force of the Light and of the Dark continue to repel each other and we can't seem to meet half-way.

Our fingers are less than an inch away from touching, I just need to hold on for a moment longer, then we'll be all powerful, together. We can rule the Universe, not just this one but every Universe. We'll lead nations together and armies...

Kylo's eyes flicker up to mine, a look of surprise and excitement. Yes... he thinks, directing his thoughts to me. Yes, Rey... come... We'll rule the Dark Side together... and you'll never be alone. His last thought startles both of us.

_____

Hello everyone. I wonder if you are all as excited reading about Rey and Kylo as I am writing about them?!!! Please let me know by voting and leaving comments :)