Love and War

"No." I say for the third time. Rey has an angry look on her face, her eyes flashing as she defies all my protests. We're in the mess hall getting a snack and Rey is in her night clothes. It's the crew's night time on their sleep schedule and the Starship moves through space, on its way towards Quadrant Seven.

"It's a good plan," Rey says. I pretend not to listen anymore. We've been arguing about this since the meeting and I refuse to argue anymore. I look out across the mess hall, lit in low lighting to conserve energy during the off hours. It's peaceful this way, with no one else here, except that our fight is anything but peaceful.

Any plan that puts you in danger is not a good plan Rey  I say, despite myself.

"We're all in danger on this mission, Ben. How else will we tell Snoke about the red sword and get him to go for it? 'Hey Snoke, the red light saber is in the catacombs, we freely wanted to share that information with you. Now go ahead and get it'? He'll know it's a trap."

"We'll just have to find another way," I say. 

Damn, I'm participating in the fight again.

"Ben..." Rey's tone becomes softer and she reaches up to touch my face. I pull away but then instantly regret it. The hurt in her expression makes me feel terrible. I gather her into a hug, but she's tense and won't let me hug her.

"Can we think about it overnight?" I say. "And reconsider in the morning?"

She nods.

"Why do you want to do this Rey?" I ask, letting my arms fall away from her.

She shakes her head. "I just want this to be over already. As long as Snoke is still out there..." she swallows hard and doesn't reply. Is she still worried he'll take me away again? I touch her arm and she relaxes finally. I let out a slow breath. We're on a different sleep schedule than the crew so we already had our sleep on Yavin_4, only 3 hours ago, or at least we had some sleep.

"Did you want something to eat?" I ask her.

"I'm not hungry anymore," she says softly.

"Chocolate?" Thanks to BB-8 I now know that Rey loves chocolate.

Rey shakes her head.

I sigh. Why did I start a fight with her? It's my mom I should be fighting with about this crazy plan.

Rey steps towards me and wraps her arms around my ribs, hugging me tight. I rest my chin on her head and return the hug. I don't even want her to come on this mission at all. I don't want her anywhere near Snoke. But when I brought that up earlier she got really upset, saying that there was no way she wasn't coming.

I rub her back gently and look at all the empty tables sitting in the shadows. The dim lighting has a purple hue to it, making me think of our new light sabers.

"Do you think there's a fight practice room on board?" I ask.

Rey pulls back and her eyes light up. "It's a Capital Starship," she says. "There must be some training rooms!" A smile grows on her face.

"I won't let you win you know," I tease her.

"You won't have to," she says in return, a challenging look in her eyes. My fingers find their way into her hair, which I can't resist any longer. Rey closes her eyes at my touch. "Don't try and distract me," she moans.

I lean down to brush my lips over hers and she pulls away.

"Is that how you plan to win?" she says, her voice husky. "Because it's not going to work."

"Is that a challenge?" I grab her by the arm before she can run. She squeals and tries to get free of my grasp but I hold her fast.

"Not fair, you're taller," she says between clenched teeth. "Let me go."

"No." I pull her against me.

She grips me in a Force hold that makes me let go of her. My throat feels tight. She's strong. But I think I know how to disarm her now. I look down the opening of her sleeping gown at the soft skin of her chest, then send my thoughts to her. She gasps, releasing me from her Force hold instantly.

I reach out and sweep her up into my arms, tucking my hands under her bottom to lift her up high. Her legs wrap around me, sending a heat rushing through my body. My mouth is right at her ear now so I place my lips onto her neck and suck. She cries out. the sound is so arousing that I almost drop her. Did it feel good? Or did I hurt her?

Pain? Or Pleasure?  I ask.

Both...

She lets me feel her excitement using our Force connection and a wave of pleasure washes over me. I set her down onto the nearest counter top.

"Are you trying to disarm me?" I ask, climbing up onto the counter top with her and pinning her arms down on either side of her. She's about to answer but I stop her with a kiss. She squirms, trying to free herself but I put her in a gentle Force hold and kiss her harder.

Let me go...

I ignore her plea, because I know she's enjoying it since she's sending me all of her sensual feelings and it's driving me insane

"Rey stop... " I break away from our kiss, breathing hard. "Stop showing me what you feel..." She's breathing hard too. My lips are near her neck again so I start kissing her there, working my way down to her collar bone. I've already let go of my Force hold on her, without even noticing when I did it, but I keep her arms pinned down. She's not fighting me anymore but pressing her chest up instead, towards my mouth.

The lights flicker and the ship drops out of warp drive so abruptly that we roll off the counter.

I hit the floor with a thump and Rey lands somewhere to my left.

"Are you okay?" I say. The low hum of the ship's engines starts up again and the ship jumps back into warp drive.

"I'm fine," Rey says, her cheeks flushed red. "How about we save that... for after the war," she says.

"Good idea."

"Rey!" BB-8 comes rolling into the mess hall and Rey adjusts her night gown. "You were supposed to come tell me when you were ready to see the stars, after you got into your night clothes."

"Oh! BB-8" Rey's eyes go wide. "I'm so sorry. Ben and I were... just getting a snack."

"Will we still have time to look at them now?" BB-8 asks. "It's already late."

"We have all night," Rey says, putting her arms around BB-8.

"Did you forget about me because you're married now?" she beeps.

Rey looks at me.

"No," I say in reply. "We'd never forget about you BB-8."

BB-8 turns her head in my direction then rolls out of Rey's arms to come over to me.

"I can show you the stars of Yavin_4," she says.

I smile. "I'd enjoy that."

BB-8 beeps her happy beep and Rey and I get up to follow her out of the mess hall. I take Rey's hand in mine and we walk out together.