Chapter 8

Adam Wilson

The look on Sophia's face when I walked out of the closet was priceless. I didn't know I could have that much effect on her. She literally ran away!

I couldn't help but notice how gorgeous she looked with her hair styled that way, it made her look a lot more mature.

I called our driver and got ready before I came out of my room to join Sophia. She was sitting quietly at the dining table.

"Miss Parker, our driver should be here any minute. Are you ready?"

"Yes I am." She said not looking me in the eye, she was still embarrassed by what happened earlier.

I decided to respect her boundaries and put what happened completely behind us.

"What's in the portfolio?" I ask looking at the huge folder she had on her lap.

"Just business cards, contact information, a small bio and lists of our services."

"Brilliant."

The driver arrived few minutes later. We both took the elevator down and got into the car. The venue wasn't far from the hotel considering we got there in 10 minutes.

There were quite a number of people in attendance. The most innovate ideas were presented during the conference. Not only did we learn new things, but we made new business contacts. The sales pitch for Wilson & Co. went well and we made 8 new clients.

One of them was Spencer Hyde and he dealt with solar power equipment. We could really use those in our company so we planned to invest in each other. Luckily, his headquarters was located in New York just like ours so it wouldn't be a problem doing business with him.

The conference ended by 1pm but we stayed for a little longer for a networking session. Sophia was perfect during this, handing out business cards and information about our company to various people. We were done for the day and I could tell that Sophia was exhausted.

"Would you love to grab some lunch Miss Parker?"

"Yes please! I'm quite starved. But do you mind if I change out of my work clothes first?" She asked.

"Not a problem at all, let's head to the hotel first shall we?"

I lead her towards the car, trying to avoid photographs from the press as mush as possible. Once we were safely in the car, we could relax.

"So what did you think of today?" I asked her.

"Very groundbreaking." She smiled.

"Indeed."

"Where are we headed to, sir?" The driver asked. From the way he spoke, I could tell he was from Yorkshire.

"The hotel first for few minutes, then The Shard."

Sophia gasped. "That's in the tallest building in London!"

"It is indeed. It also has a lovely view." I said.

"Oh, I can't wait." She said excitedly. I loved doing things that made her happy. Her smile is my weakness. I could go the extra mile just to see her pretty face light up.