Chapter 21

Adam Wilson

So many emotions ran through me the moment I saw her.

But there was one so strong I felt the most.

One that made something inside of me explode.

I watched her as she closed the door quietly behind her, taking a few moments before she finally lifted her head, barely looking me in the eye.

Seeing her beautiful face once again made happiness lodge into my chest.

That was when I realised, all this time without her was torture.

How could I have stayed away from her for so long?

She looked beautiful. Stunning. Gorgeous. Everything. My heart swelled in appreciation.

Missing her was an understatement. I constantly felt her absence the whole time, like there was a shortage of something in my life. Seeing her now completes me.

The silence in the room was deafening as we both stared at each other.

"Sophia." I whispered, loud enough for her to hear me.

She didn't respond. Instead she looked away, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. She looked shy and nervous but still sexy as hell.

Ugh!

What I would give right now just to touch that beautiful hair of hers, even to hold her! My mind was playing different games with me as I began to imagine different things. Fighting the urge of something sensual, I let my eyes drift over her body. A vivid image exploded in my head as I measured the length of the short dress she was wearing, exposing her shapely legs.

I cleared my throat.

"What are you doing here by this time?" I asked softly. Its been so long since I'd spoken to her.

"I- I needed to see y- you." Although she was stammering, her voice still sounded angelic. "I w- wasn't expecting you this l- late."

It was 9:15pm.

"Its very late Sophia. You shouldn't have waited."

"I know. I'm sorry. I'll just come back on Monday." She turned to leave.

"Wait!" I stopped her before she could go. There was a letter in her hand and I was curious about it. "Is that for me?"

She hesitated for a moment before she nodded her head.

"What is it?"

Slowly, she walked closer towards my desk and I admired the movement of her hips.

Everything about her screamed sexy.

She handed the letter to me and I took it.

"Its my letter of resignation." I heard her say.

"What?!"

Resignation?!

The words shook me as they sunk in. I was about to open the letter but I closed it back immediately.

Something surged through me- a primal need to not let this woman go. The thought of her leaving enraged me so much. I could feel my fists clench so hard, my nails digging into my skin, my mind racing even as if I lost myself in a storm.

Tell me this is a joke, please. This has to be a joke...

"I'm resigning."

I heard her perfectly the first time but I choose not to believe it. We stared at each other for a while.