Chapter 26

Sophia Parker

I knocked firmly on the huge brown doors leading to 'his' office.

"I can do this." I whispered to myself as I took deep breaths.

Yes, I am ashamed of what happened yesterday but I wouldn't let it affect me OR repeat itself in any way today. I'm just going to pretend like it didn't happen. And if he tries to do anything, I'll run out!

After no response, I decided to just walk in.

I opened the door with one hand, his coffee and dairy in my other hand. I didn't even bother to look at him or say hello but I knew he was there. My body was completely aware of his presence.

I carefully walked to the edge of his large brown desk, maintaining as much distance as possible, then I placed the cup as close to him as I could... which was still very far from him.

"Alice informed me that you scheduled a meeting with someone from AIRTEX today at 10am. It's currently 9:45. Apart from that, your diary is empty. Is there anything you would like me to do for you today?"

After reading from his diary, I closed the book and looked at anything else but him, trying not to give away any emotions. But deep down I was trembling! I had just slapped this man yesterday! I don't know if he's angry with me or what he is going to do to me today.

"Yes." He said with that deep and masculine voice he had and my body warmed up from head to toe.

I hope whatever he wants me to do is in good faith.

"I want you to look at ME Sophia. Stop avoiding my eyes." He said in a commanding voice, which annoyed me.

"I'm not avoiding anything!" I said harshly.

"Then look at me." He challenged.

I looked at him, and suddenly my anger disappeared. His eyes were glittering and they told me everything. The glint they had revealed sadness, and even though he was trying to hide it, his face showed it all. The dark, colourless eyes that mourned his despair stared right at me, like I was the reason for his pain, for his suffering.

I've never felt so guilty of hurting someone so badly like this...

"Why don't you want to be my girlfriend Sophia?" He asked quietly.

What?!

My eyes flew wide open. I was completely shocked by his question! When did he ever asked me to be his girlfriend?! I didn't get the memo!

I couldn't tell if he was joking because the look he held was so genuine. He couldn't be seriously asking me that, could he?

"Why don't you approve of me?" He continued. "Sometimes, you look at me like I'm a repulsive creature and it hurts. Could it be my looks... or my attitude... or my remarks? Or anything else? Please just tell me. I'm willing to change so that you can like me."

Wow! I couldn't believe my ears.

"What does Sean have that I don't? I mean... he's a good guy but I'm not too bad myself, right? I'm sorry about that fight I had with him. I promise you that's not the real me. Sean and I are really good friends, I was just so jealous of him. Seeing you with him makes me so mad. I sometimes wish I could be him, just to know what its like to have your attention. Even if it's just for a day. "