Chapter 10

Sophia Parker

Today we are leaving and I'm really going to miss London. So many memories were created here, ones that I'll never forget. Mr Wilson and I have just boarded our jet that'll be taking us back to New York. I'm sitting directly opposite him just like I did when we were coming.

Although I had a very short sleep last night, I think Mr Wilson didn't get any. He is looking seriously tired as he works on his laptop and he even has bags underneath his eyes. I wonder what kept him up all night... I hope it wasn't the kiss.

That's ridiculous. He doesn't have time to dwell on a meaningless kiss, he had kissed countless girls before.

On the other hand Mr Wilson was not my first kiss, but he was my best kisser. The rest have only been light and modest but his was so demanding. I had only been kissed by two guys previously and they were both my exs in college.

"Miss Parker, I need the IBAN and Swift numbers for the company's account." He said lazily.

I reached for my bag and got out a file containing the company's account details and handed it to him. He continued to work but after a while he shut his laptop abruptly and tossed it to the next seat. He closed his eyes but it didn't look like he wanted to sleep. He was frowning and there was a crease between his eyebrows like he was thinking hard.

"Mr Wilson, are you okay? You look like something is bothering you." I was worried about him.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. I am no expert in reading facial expressions but he looked angry at me, like I did something wrong. He was staring at me with resentment and it made me feel like crap.

"Sir, did I do anything wrong? Or did I give you the wrong papers?" I asked nervously. I was fiddling with the hem of the short dress I was wearing. His resentful look turned into irritation and I just wished the ground could open up and swallow me.

On second thought, I wouldn't prefer that... we were on a plane.

He wasn't answering my questions so I decided to leave him alone. I gathered my things and put them in my bag. When I slung it over my shoulder and stood up, he decided to speak.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To the bedroom. I'm tired and I need to rest." I said but he laughed at me.

"You can't be tired because I'm sure you slept all night." He said with a hint of irritation.

"You're right. Maybe I'm not really tired. But I'm not going to sit here and what you look at me like I'm some vomit on the floor." With that, I stormed off.

What is wrong with him!

He had been so nice to me throughout the trip but now he's so mean. The way he looked at me made me feel so bad about myself. Why does he affect me this much? I really shouldn't care but I do.

I didn't know when I started crying but my face was now stained with tears. I thought I would never cry again because of him but I was wrong. The last time I cried was last week when I forgot to change the figures on the Sytner Group report. He had scolded me and had felt like a moron.

Apart from then, I had cried severally when he went out with so many beautiful women. Most of them were either actresses or models and I was nothing compared to them. He would always tell me to send them flowers, book dinner tables and even hotels. It was a constant reminder that I was not his type but it didn't stop me from silently wishing he could do the same to me.

Right now I just want to forget everything that has happened between Mr Wilson & I and proceed with my life. I can never be involved with a jerk that has made me cry enough times.