Chapter 23

Adam Wilson

Mason forcefully took me for a medical check up because of my fight with Sean and to his surprise, everything was just fine. The only problem was I was out of shape. Too much unhealthy food had made me gain some extra pounds and I needed to get rid of it.

This morning I hit the gym before going to work. I need to get my body back and start looking good again... for Sophia.

I am 100% confident that she would show up today, knowing the implications of not doing so, she had to.

I'm pretty sure she hates me for doing this to her but that was the only way to make her stay, at least for a little longer.

Her notice period is going to be 3 months. I have already discussed this with Paul, the head of Human Resources. I told him to do everything he can to keep her working in the office for longer than usual. I also told him to delay processing any documents regarding her resignation like her recommendation, severance pay and holiday entitlements.

She can't leave without those.

Time is running out! I have three months to make Sophia mine before she leaves! And this time, I'm not giving up for anything! Today I am going to drill her, no time for beating around the bush anymore.

I got to the office really late, around 3 pm. Not the best way to start the week. I used the elevator to go up to my floor and when the doors opened, I saw Sophia sitting on top of the receptionist's table talking to Alice.

The moment they saw me, they both stopped.

"Good afternoon sir." Alice said while Sophia carefully got down from the table.

Part of me grumbled because she looked sexy sitting there with her little white dress exposing her beautifully crossed legs. Thank god Alice was here. If not, I would have grabbed her.

"Come to my office immediately." I said to Sophia before walking past her. I caught a whiff of her lush scent as I did.

This woman...

I got to my desk and she came in moments after.

"Yes?" She said a bit rudely but I ignored it.

"What were you doing out there?" I asked.

"Nothing. I was just talking to Alice because there was nothing else to do."

"Well I am here now and there's a lot of work to be done. Also, you were sitting on Alice's desk. That is very improper."

"I'm sorry, I wouldn't do it again."

"Of course you can. It was only improper because it wasn't MY desk. I'd love to have you sitting here right in front of me... just like you did a few months ago." I smirked as I tapped my desk, indicating the position sat.

Her cheeks instantly turned red as she remembered the day I was referring to.

Good.

"I'm glad you recall because I'd be more than happy to have a repeat of that session. You're welcome to use my desk anytime. This time, I'm healthy and virile and the things I would do to you-"