Chapter 19

Sophia Parker

One whole month has passed now and I've worked with Sean everyday since then.

I found him to be an amazing guy and I am now very fond of him. He has a strong personality and always makes me laugh and smile. I began to really like him... a lot. I looked forward to his company and I enjoyed working closely with him all the time. He always took me out for lunch and paid the bill each time. It was a sweet gesture but sometimes the feminist in me made me ensure that we split the bill. Sometimes he insisted, while other times he let it slide.

I discovered a lot of things about him during the small time we've worked together. Sean is actually from a rich family and doesn't need to work the way he does. But he tries to live his life as simple as possible. Plus he enjoys banking and accounting, thats why he decided to go into it. He also lives in a condo in a very fine part of the city. I have been to his home once and it was very beautiful.

Sean, being a gentleman that he is, decided to take me out for dinner this time. We always have lunch together but he wanted something new and different. Besides I owe him a date, the time when we were supposed to but couldn't go to the theatre together.

Right now I am getting ready for the evening and Lily is helping me curl my hair in my apartment. She thinks I like Sean and maybe she is right. I do like him, he seems like a very nice person. He is respectful... and also attractive.

"I still can't believe you're going on a date with Sean. I mean, Adam was just in the picture." Lily commented.

"Well, clearly he has moved on and I also need to." He's probably having the time of his life wherever he is, not bothering to even call... or email me.

"So your using Sean to get over Adam?"

"I'm not using him Lily! I actually like him." I really did.

"Okay, okay! Do you want me to style your hair up or I should just leave it down?"

"I think I should leave it down. It looks pretty like this." I checked myself out in the mirror.

"Okay, you're ready." She said and I stood up. "You look amazing."

"Thank you."

I was wearing a simple white one shoulder body con dress with lace up heels. I wasn't too overdressed but Sean said he would be taking me to a really nice place this evening so I had to look decent.

"Are you sure you don't want to wear makeup?" Lily asked.

"No, I'm fine without it. That's what you said, right?"

"Yeah. Totally. You look..."

"What?"

"You look... pure."

"Pure? Is that a bad thing?"

"No, no, no... I mean like in an angel kind of way."

"What are you even saying Lily?" I cried.

She got saved by a knock on the door.

"Okay. He's here, let's go."

"Are you sure I look fine?" I asked one last time as she dragged me to the door.

"Sophia, I am certain you look beautiful."

"Okay."

Lily opened the door with a huge smile on her face.

"Hi, you must be Sean. Sophia is ready."

Sean stood there, his eyes transfixed on me, never glancing at Lily even once. His eyes were wider than usual as he scanned me from head to toe.