Chapter 13

Adam Wilson

"Hello Adam, how's it going?" Mason said through the phone.

"Everything's fantastic doc, I'm just arriving home from work." I said while getting out of my car.

Mason is the doctor who attended to me while I was at Franklin Hospital. We're about the same age and we became friends during my stay. It all started the day he noticed I had a thing for Sophia when he caught me staring at her and I told him she was out of bounds. I confided in him about Sophia. I told him everything I was going through with her, it was like he was my therapist. Except he didn't give me any solutions, he just laughed at me and taunted me every now and then because of my feelings. Telling him felt great, although he was a dick about it. I just needed to get things off my chest.

"Adam are you nuts? Don't tell me you went to work immediately you got discharged from the hospital!" He scolded me.

"I did and I'm fine, nothing happened to me. Actually... something happened to me and that's why I'm calling you."

"What have you done now my friend?" He said knowing that it involved Sophia.

"Well Sophia kind of... injured me." I said. I was in my apartment building, about to use the lift.

"And why on earth would she do that?" He said in disbelief.

"I have to tell you what happened from the start in order for you to believe me." I got into the elevator and closed the door for some privacy.

"This obsession with Sophia is not healthy." He took a deep breath. He'd gotten tired of me constantly talking about her.

"So I was in my office working." I completely ignored his last statement. "I called Sophia in to give me a report of what she did for the day. Next thing you know, she kissed me."

"She kissed you?" He said mockingly.

"Yes she did!"

"I thought you were the one always stealing kisses from her. You mean this time she gave you one by herself?"

"Mason, I am the happiest man in the world right now. Do you know what this means? Sophia is finally ready to open up to whatever exists between us!" I almost screamed.

"You sound like a crazy person."

"Oh I am crazy, crazy for Sophia. She has stolen my sanity." The elevator doors opened to my floor and I walked to my door. "I can't wait for tomorrow."

"What's happening tomorrow?"

"We're going to finish what we started. We didn't get a chance to because... Sophia accidentally jabbed my wound while we were making out." I entered my apartment and sat on my couch.

"So thats what happened. You need to stay away from her for a while, she's dangerous to you. Emotionally and Physically." He laughed.

"Fuck, Mason she drives me nuts! I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight." I rubbed my eyes in frustration. "I can't stay away from Sophia, I want her every second of the day, and all night!"

"Like I said, your obsession is not healthy. Your addicted to her! You need to get your mind off her once in a while. How about we go bowling on Saturday?"