Chapter 34

Sophia Parker

Who was interrupting my sleep this afternoon!

I had fallen asleep on my couch while watching Netflix. It was a cozy Sunday afternoon and I wasn't expecting anyone. Lily was the only friend I currently had and she went out already.

I reluctantly stood up and literally dragged myself to the door.

Whoever was on the other side knocked again.

I didn't bother to look through the hole. I was so annoyed that I just swung open the door.

"Sophia."

I gasped.

My sleepy eyes were now open and I was wide awake.

"Phoebe!" I croaked.

"Come here." She said, hugging me tightly.

I hugged back instantly. I hadn't spoken to her or seen her in decades.

"Finally, I've missed you so much! I can't believe you're actually here! Oh my goodness!" I almost cried.

"It's okay Sophia, I miss you too. I couldn't handle being away from you any longer."

Ever since she walked in on Mr Wilson and I in the ladies room, she stopped speaking to me. Not because of Mr Wilson, but because of Sean. She liked him and I was 'supposedly' dating him at the time. Me kissing Mr Wilson was very unfair to Sean.

"Again, I'm so sorry for everything that happened."

"It's okay. I'm over it now." She said.

I had tried reaching her severally on her phone but she never used to answer. I considered going to see her at the office but I didn't want to step foot in the lion's den. And an appearance in front of her apartment was a very creepy move.

"Come inside." I ushered her in and closed the front door."

"Well, I have good and bad news. But I'ld start with the good news first." She said.

"Already getting down to the gossip are we?" I laughed.

"Sean and I are seeing each other."

I gasped.

"Oh my god, that's amazing!"

"I know!" She screamed and jumped up and down lightly.

"How did this happen? I want to hear all the details please." We both sat down on the couch.

"Well... when you guys broke up, I used that as my cue to speak to him for the first time. I asked him if he was okay and told him if he needed anyone to talk to, I was there."

"So you took advantage of our breakup." I said but I wasn't mad at her at all.

"Yes, I did." She shrugged. "At the time I was still furious with you so I didn't care. I also really wanted to make sure he was okay."

"I understand."

"He took me up on my offer finally and we went out for lunch together. We had a really nice time together." She smiled as she daydreamed of the moment. "After that, we had lunch together more regularly. Eventually he took me out for dinner as well."