Chapter 22

Adam Wilson

"You need therapy and you need it urgently. Don't wait till this toxic obsession over a woman finally consumes you. Don't wait till it's too late!"

"Shut up Mason. I know she's here somewhere. Are you going to help me find her or not?"

"For heaven's sake, no! Let's just turn back and go home Adam." He put his hand on my shoulder. We were currently in my car, driving through Lexington Avenue.

"No! Not today. Not on her birthday. I need to find her." I kept on driving.

"And then what?!"

"I don't know... I haven't really thought about it."

"This is absurd! I'm not going to help you make a fool out of yourself."

"Then don't help me, I'll handle this myself."

"That will only end up being a disaster. Just don't do it." He said.

I ignored him and scanned the street, trying to find her. She should probably be in one of the shops on this street, my men had informed me she was doing some shopping with her friends.

They've been tracking her movements the whole day. Apparently, she even went to church this morning.

"I found her. She's right there." Mason said.

"Where?" I snapped my head towards the direction he pointed at.

Indeed she was there, at the outdoor seating of a coffee shop. With two of her friends.

My eyes focused on her as I watched them drinking coffee and relaxing. She looked absolutely stunning. I took a deep breath at the beautiful sight and Mason looked at me.

"So what are you going to do now that you've found her?"

"I don't know... yet. I wish I could get her alone so we could talk."

"About what? When you have nothing to say to her?" Mason sneered.

"I do have something to say!" I snapped. "I'm going to ask her to come back and work for me again."

"Why won't you leave the poor girl alone Adam. Look at yourself, you don't look so well! It's obvious that you were in a fresh fight."

"Why don't you do me a favour and shut the hell up! I'm sick and tired of all your advice. Look!"

Sophia and her friends stood up and were leaving. I drove and followed them up until they branched into a store.

"I'm going in." I parked the car next to the sidewalk. "Make sure I don't get a ticket." I told Mason.

"And make sure you don't do anything stupid."

I gave him the finger before I go out of the car. I took a few moments to prepare myself mentally before I went into the store.

****

Sophia Parker

"Don't you just love shopping?" Lily asked me. We were in Bloomingdale's and she and Lily were browsing for new lingerie.