Chapter 1 - Moving In

My alarm clock goes off and I woke up. I sat up and yawned, running my fingers through my hair. I got up and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. Minutes later, I slid into my waitress uniform and did my hair, then went down to the kitchen to fix up some breakfast. I live alone in this house that used to be my parents, but was passed down to me when they died. They died 3 years ago in a car accident when I was 20 and they left me with this house and restaurant that they owned. My uncle manages it because I know nothing about business. I decided to just be a waitress at that place, along with my cousin and I go to a fashion school three nights a week. I'm constantly busy, don't have time for boyfriends.. Besides, I'm too shy for all of that. I made myself some coffee and poured it in a cup. I grabbed my keys and purse, then hurried out the house.

As I made my path to my car, I noticed a moving truck next door. I stopped and stared, wondering who finally decided to purchase the house next door. I opened my car door, then I looked back up at the house and noticed a thin, tall man walking out of the house. I paused and admired how handsome he looked from afar. His curls slowly danced in the wind and from here I could see how big and bright his smile was. I was captured in a daze and it felt like everything was going in slow motion. Then he faced my direction and smiled at me. My heart literally stopped and I quickly broke the gaze. He was still staring at me and he waved. I got in my car, leaving him standing there looking befuddled. I placed my coffee in the cupholder and started my car. "Tiffany how could you be so stupid? He smiled and waved at you, and all you could do was nothing " I sighed. He is so incredibly handsome. I've never seen anyone quite like him before. And he is my next door neighbor. I backed out my driveway and rode to the restaurant.

The whole drive there, I could not help but feel stupid for the way I reacted. He must have thought I was so rude. I have to make it up to him and introduce myself to him. But what if he has a wife or girlfriend? Even though I haven't seen anyone else except for the movers. I quickly snapped out of it when I heard cars honking their horns. I made it to the restaurant and quickly made my way inside. " You're late! " My cousin Mia said, as she held a hand full of plates taking it to a table. " I know and I'm sorry, " I said. I clocked in and grabbed my apron. It always gets pretty busy during breakfast time. I began to wipe down the counters. My cousin Mia made her way towards me. "Always late Tiffany"

"Sorry Mia, I was up all night studying for my class "

" Your dreams of becoming a fashion designer " I smiled.

" What's wrong with that? " She shook her head. " Nothing, " I sighed deeply. Mia gave me a look. " What's wrong? "

" Nothing "

She playfully hit me with her rag. " I know something is wrong, tell me " She said.

" Ok, well, I have a new neighbor "

" Someone finally decided to buy that house next to you "

" Yes and Mia the guy that moved, there is so cute. He gave me butterflies by looking at him "

" Did you introduce yourself? "

I shook my head. " No, he smiled and waved at me, but I panicked"

Mia shook her head. " Do you want me to come over your house and go with you to introduce yourself to him? "

"No Mia, that's not necessary. Just help me be less shy"

A customer walked in, waiting to be seated so I decided to end the conversation there.