Chapter 12 - The Following Month

// * The song referenced in this chapter is linked at the top of the page. For those who aren't aware, the song is called  '(I Like) The Way You Love Me'. If you imagine the first section of the song happening in Michael's living room with Tiff it brings the story to life a little...Enjoy! *//

A month has passed and Michael and I were getting closer and closer as each day goes by. We've been on countless action-packed dates doing various things like playing mini-golf or laser tag. But we've also shared quiet nights in sat around his pool or by the fire just talking all night long. On e night in particular that I'll remember forever is the night he had told me he'd written me a song. My heart almost burst when he told me. We came inside and he sat by a stylish piano situated in his front room. I could see he was starting to get a little nervous so I told him that I was sure I'd love it. That made him giggle as he said, "Well okay, but it's not complete yet - and I haven't played in a while so I'm a little rusty".  Suddenly his fingers touched the keys and he began to play these two notes alternating over four beats. He was beginning to smile and he looked up at me. 'Okay so this is the tempo, and this is the melody' and he continued playing the notes until he stopped and took his hands off the piano. I urged him to continue as I wanted to hear the song. "Well I do have lyrics too..." and from out of nowhere he began to sing the following words in perfect rhythm and pitch. "I was alone in the dark when I met you" Hearing him sing gave me butterflies every time, I couldn't control my face as it started lighting up. "Then there's drums..." And he began beatboxing the sound of drums that I could tell he was hearing in his mind. After two counts of the drums, he continues playing the notes on the piano and I could hear the song coming together as if it were being streamed directly out of his mind. I gasped and let out a little overexcited laugh that caused him to giggle with me and stop playing. Michael just looked up at me with his gorgeous smile and said, "Its something like that, you know". When I met Michael I thought I could never feel any stronger for him, but he proves me wrong every time he opens his out weather its to hold a note or simply tell me he loves me. Something about his voice soothes me like nothing else can. 

We haven't really come to terms with where we stand in this relationship, but it's very clear that we are into each other. We try to spend as much time as we can together and with our busy schedules, we only get to see each other at night. Every moment I spend with him is like heaven. I love being around him. He makes me feel so alive and happy. I took Mia's advice and tried to take it slow, but my heart was doing its own thing. I couldn't help but fall in love with him. I love the person I become when I'm around Michael. I'm always smiling when we are together. He has a special way of making me weak and making my heart skip a beat all the time. I never felt this way before, but it's such a wonderful feeling. A feeling I never wanna lose or let go of. If I'm completely honest, I so desperately want to call Michael my man, but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet and I know I could just ask him but I prefer old fashioned romance. Mia tells me I'm crazy cause things aren't done like that anymore. The way she sees it Michael and I are a couple regardless of us verbally confirming that. I would like to know where me and him stand though. Michael is also still the perfect gentleman. Mia still doesn't believe he hasn't tried anything yet. Mia also tries to tell me there is no such thing as a perfect man like him. She feels as if he might have something up his sleeve. It pisses me off. I just feel she could be jealous. She usually gets all the guys and now it's me who attracted not only a very handsome guy but a great one at that. I don't care what she thinks, it won't change how I feel about him. He is everything I could ever want and more and not Mia or nobody else will make me change my mind. He is definitely the one for me.