Chapter 8 - First Kisses

After a long day at work, I finally made my way home. Mia should be on her way there too so she can help me pick out an outfit for tomorrow. I pulled up in the driveway and looked at my house, still feeling scared from what happened last night. I turned the car off and just sat there. After last night, my comfort zone has been completely ruined. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my hair. " Maybe I can get Michael to go in with me. No who am I kidding? He'll think I'm a big baby " I thought. I sighed again, feeling so frustrated. This has been my home for years, I always felt safe here and it hurts that now I don't because of one asshole! After a few minutes of debating on what to do, a car pulled up behind me. It was Mia thank God! I quickly got out the car and walked up to her, as she got out of her car. " Hey.. Did you just get here? " She asked.

" No, I was just sitting in my car...I'm scared to go into my house after what happened "

" I hate that it happened to you, but with Michael as your neighbor, something like that won't happen again. Besides, you have me and if you want me to stay with you for a few days until you feel safer, I will " I smiled, feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

" Thanks Mia, I hate feeling this scared. I just got this fear that there is another man in my house " " Tiff don't think like that.. Hey, what if we get Michael to walk us in, maybe he can look inside to make sure it's safe ".

" Mia no, I'm not gonna bother Michael. Plus, I don't want him thinking I'm some kind of scary cat" Mia sucked her teeth.

" Tiff come on, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Can't you see that the man is sprung? He would do anything for you. Besides, he knows last night was a very traumatic experience, he'll understand...Oh Tiff, you are so hardheaded! " She grabbed my wrist and began to drag me. "Come on, we're gonna go ask him to walk us in cause I'm scared too " I tried to resist. "Relax girl and come on! Stop being so shy, damn! " We finally made it to the front of his house and I grabbed Mia by her shirt.

" Mia let's just go ok, this is a bad idea " I whispered.

" Tiffany, will you relax? I'll handle this ok? " I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. My heart was racing. I really didn't wanna bother him over this, but Mia can be so pushy. She then began to knock on the door. " I'm leaving " I said, trying to walk away but Mia grabbed my arm.

" Tiffany, you're not going anywhere! " " Mia please let's just go.. " I said, but was quickly interrupted by Michael opening the door and I instantly froze.

Michael looked at us and smiled, looking a bit confused. " Hello there ladies..Tiffany is everything ok? " I looked down and bit my lip. I felt so embarrassed. Mia introduced herself and Michael seemed to remember her pretty well from the restaurant.

" Well, we both know what happened to Tiffany last night and she's just a little scared to go inside her house, we were wondering if you could walk us in and look to make sure it's safe so that she can feel better " I wanted to kill Mia. I was so embarrassed right now. I didn't want to look up at him but I could feel his eyes on me.

" Sure, I can see why it might be hard going back in there. I'm glad you asked me to help." He was so understanding; hearing his gentle voice made me relax and forget my fear completely. He looked into my eyes and assured me that it was no bother. He turned to Mia, " I keep telling her she doesn't have to be shy around me but I hope to break her out of that soon " He softly looked at me then winked slightly. My cheeks were burning red now, I am trying to resist saying it but every time i'm with him I just seem to melt. Mia and Michael giggled. " I'll be back, let me get my gun ok? " He walked inside and Mia looked at me wide eyed.

" A gun? " I looked at her assuringly and explained that he used to be a Police Officer. " A cop? You didn't tell me he was a cop! Damn that makes him so much sexier! "