Chapter 6 - Getting To Know Me.

After my shower, I slipped into my pajamas and brushed my hair. I suddenly stopped brushing and looked around Michael's room. It was so nice and cozy. The bed was neatly made and the paintings he had on the wall were beautiful. I swear it was like looking at one of those rooms you see in the magazines. I put my stuff away in my bag and took a deep breath. I was starting to feel shy again and my heart began beating hard and fast. " Relax Tiffany, just be yourself " I took one last look around his room and smiled to myself. This man seemed to be a one of a kind. I sighed then opened the door and made my way to the kitchen where Michael was. I guess he heard my footsteps because he quickly turned around and smiled at me. My heart instantly skipped a beat.

" How was your shower Tiff"

"Umm.. It was nice " I smiled shyly. He smiled then bit his lip.

" Come have a seat, our tea is ready " I slowly walked over to the bar stool and sat down as Michael poured our tea in cups. I couldn't help but stare at him. Those curls and that skin complexion. He was just too gorgeous for words. He slowly looked up at me and caught me staring at him. I quickly looked down feeling embarrassed. Michael giggled. "How many cubes of sugar would you like in your tea? " I slowly looked up at him.

" Um.. Three " He smiled, giving me such an intense stare, giving me this unknown feeling in my belly.

Michael continued staring at me, I quickly broke the stare and shyly bit my lip. This man gives me such a feeling I can't even describe. " So Tiffany, tell me your story. You own that restaurant? " I looked up at him and smiled.

" Well yeah, it was my parents but when they died, the restaurant was past down to me and I put it under my name. I don't manage it because I know nothing about business. So I let my uncle do all the managing. " Michael took a sip from his tea.

" What exactly happened to your parents? " I sighed and looked down.

" Well, they died three years ago in a car accident. Michael lowered his eyebrows. "Tiffany, I'm so sorry to hear that. That must of been very hard on you"

"Yeah.. It really was.. And still is.. I will never forget that dreadful phone call from the police that night " I looked up to look at him and his eyes were so attentive. " They were on vacation.. They were celebrating their anniversary.. I was excited for them to come back home because.. I had just been accepted into fashion school and I couldn't wait to tell them.. I knew they would've been proud " I swallowed hard, feeling that knot in my throat. " They never made it back.. And when I got that phone call.. I felt my whole world crumble down " A tear rolled down my cheek and I quickly stood up feeling embarrassed. " I'm sorry.. I should just go to bed " Michael quickly stood up and gently grabbed my arm.

" No Tiffany please, I want you to open up to me. I'm sure you never talked about this, and talking about it might do you good " I crossed my arms, as tears still fell down my face.

" I never got the chance to tell them I was accepted in fashion school or how much I really loved them " Michael gently pulled me close to him, pulling me into his loving arms.

Michael and I stood in the kitchen, as I cried in his arms. " Tiffany, look at me " I shook my head. " Please " I slowly looked up at him and his eyes were so tender and filled with sympathy. He began to run his fingers through my hair. " Tiffany, I believe when one passes, especially someone close to you like a parent they watch over you. I'm sure they are very proud from up there. You don't have to tell them because they already know " I bit my lip and smiled.

" You're right Michael " He smiled back and began to slowly run his fingertips on my cheekbones, wiping away my tears.

" Forgive me but you are so beautiful when you smile " He said with a giggle. I sniffed then smiled again. We looked each other in the eyes. His fingertips were still slowly caressing my cheekbones, as his eyes slowly wandered down to my lips. It almost looked like he wanted to kiss me. I suddenly became nervous because I remembered I never kissed anyone before. I slowly backed away and shyly looked down.

" I should go to bed.. I know you have to be up early tomorrow and so do I " Michael nods.

" Yeah.. Um.. Well, you have a goodnight sleep, ok? " I looked down.

" You too " I made my way to his room, but looked back at him. We looked each other in the eyes and smiled. I bit my lip then made my way in his room. I walked in and shut the door and pressed my back on it. I let out a dreamy sigh and smiled. I was shocked by how much I opened up to Michael tonight. There is something about him that makes me feel so good. And I can't believe he was going to kiss me, if only I wouldn't backed away. I sighed, as I made my way to his bed. I got comfortable in his bed and I wrapped myself in the covers and daydreamed about Michael, until I fell asleep.