Chapter 2 - Meeting Him.

A few weeks went by and Mia was slowly giving me lessons on being more confident in myself and to be less shy around guys. It was not working because I was still too shy to introduce myself to my new neighbor. I see him all the time and he sees me, and he constantly smiles at me, but I always try to avoid getting too close to him, or for him to get close to me. I'm barely home because either I'm at the restaurant or school. But when I'm home, I avoid him. But I'm always staring at him. He seems to live there alone so he must be single. It was another day of work in a not so busy afternoon. It's usually not so busy around 5. Mia and I were just hanging around, wiping tables and talking. " So, you haven't done nothing I told you? " Mia asked.

" No, you should see this guy he is so handsome. I could never work the nerve to talk to a man like that " Mia sighed. I think i'm better off focusing on school or things that i'm good at.

" Tiffany, don't give up. I'll figure something out "

" No Mia just forget it " I began to walk away.

" Where are you going? "

" To the restroom "

I came back out to attend my duties, then Mia ran to me with the biggest smile on her face. " Tiff, the most gorgeous man is sitting at the table over there. I'm gonna go talk to him "

" Really? Where? "

She grabbed me by my arm and dragged me. We suddenly stopped and I almost fainted. " Him over there "

My eyes widened. " Oh god! " I quickly walked away.

" Tiff, what's wrong? " Mia called out, while making her way towards me. I nervously bit my lip."Tiff, what's wrong? "

" That's him "

" Who? " I looked over at him, as he sat there looking at his menu.

" That's my neighbor, the guy I have been scared to talk to these past few weeks "

Mia looked back at him. " That's him? " I slowly nodded and a smile formed her face.

" Tiffany, this is your chance to finally introduce yourself to him " Mia said, excitedly.

" No Mia, I can't. You go and take his order "

" Tiffany you will not run away this time "

I ran my fingers through my hair. " I can't.. What would I say? " I looked back at him. I felt Mia's hand on my shoulder.

" Girl, he is super sexy. If it wasn't for you, I would be over there right now giving him my number"

I smiled. " Just be yourself " I nervously bit my lip. " Now go talk to him " She lightly pushed me. I slowly began to walk my way up to him. I felt my heart pounding so fast. I was so nervous. The closer I got, the more I wanted to just turn around, but I can't. It's time I finally come out of my shell and talk to him. I could feel my palms starting to sweat as I was now in front of him.

" Hello.. Are you ready to order? " I asked nervously.

" Yeah, I actually am " He looked up at me then looked back down at his menu, then quickly looked back up at me and smiled. He was even more handsome up close. " Hey aren't you my neighbor who never waves back at me? " I looked down and blushed.

" Yeah.. That's me " He stood up.

" Well, it's nice to finally meet you, I'm Michael " He reached his hand out to me and I slowly reached my hand to his and shook it. His hand is so soft and warm.

" I'm Tiffany " He smiled, looking me deep in the eyes. He had the most beautiful brown eyes ever.

" Tiffany.. Tiffany " He repeated. " Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl " I quickly let go of his hand and looked down, attempting to hide the how much my heart is racing. " Thank you", I consciously reply.

There are no words to describe just how sexy this man is. " I've been wanting to introduce myself for the longest time Tiffany but.. I thought maybe you wanted nothing to do with me since every time I wave at you, you would never wave back "... Oh God, he must think I'm a bitch!...

"Oh god, i'm so sorry," I say giggling. " I want to wave back but I get to shy I guess...I tend to do that a lot." I hope he hasn't noticed how nervous i am around him. But my words seem to have brought a sense of relief to his beautiful face.

" No need to apologize Tiffany, I understand. But there is no need to be shy around me, I don't bite " We both giggled at the thought and i caught a glimpse of that heart warming smile i see every morning. I become lost in thought until a customer walks through the door bringing me back to reality.

" So.. What will you be having? " I asked, trying to get rid of the awkwardness after my little daydream. He sat back down and grabbed his menu.

" Just get me the t-bone steak meal with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables " I wrote down what he said.

" Any drink? " He looked up at me and smiled, handing me the menu. " Water please " I blushed from his intense stare.

" Ok, coming right up " I turned around to leave but he called after me.

" Tiffany wait " I turned around to look at him and he stood up, walking towards me. Here comes the butterflies.

" I was wondering if maybe I could take you out to dinner tomorrow night and get to know you " His offer took me by surprise.

" Dinner? " I asked, hardly believing what I heard.

" Yeah, and maybe a movie " I am so speechless right now.

" Um.. I don't know " Why was I saying this? My heart wanted to say 'Yes of course i would love to!' But once again my mind was questioning the idea.Surprisingly he didn't look affected by my response.

" You don't know? Tiffany don't be shy, I swear I'll be a gentleman " Michael's voice is so smooth and soft; his presence alone was making me feel weak yet complete. Everything about him made me want to scream yes but I was so scared by my own feelings. No man has never gave me butterflies like this. What if this is all a cruel joke? Or what if i let my words mess things up.

Michael stood there, still smiling, waiting for me to answer. I nervously bit my lip. I couldn't talk, my emotions and mind was going crazy. Finally Michaelput an end to my suffering by saying that he would give me all the time i needed to answer. As he sat back down I asked him if there was anything else he wanted, from the menu of course. " No beautiful, that's all " He said, winking at me. I started blushing uncontrollably.I made my way towards the back to place the order. Oh God, what did I do? I can't believe I told him I'll think about it. What the hell was I thinking? I hope I haven't ruined my chances with him.