Chapter 7 - The Break-In

The next morning, I got up and began getting ready for work. I looked out the window to see if Michael's car was in the driveway, but it wasn't. So I'm guessing he already left for work. Even though last night was the scariest night of my life because of the robber. It still didn't stop me from smiling. All I could do was think about Michael and how he makes me feel. I was done getting ready for work and walked out of Michael's house, making sure I locked his front door. I needed to go in my house to get my books for class tonight but I was still a little scared to go in there by myself. " Well, I'll just ask Mia to come with me on our break " I thought. I got in my car and drove off to the restaurant. Once I got there, I went inside to clock in.

" Where the hell were you last night? I was blowing up your phone! " Mia said.

" Last night? "

" Yeah! I kept calling you and you never respond. What's up with that? " I looked around, making sure no one was around.

" Promise me you won't tell?" She promised as I let out a sigh and told her everything that happened, including Michael saving me.

" Oh my god Tiff! You should have called me "

" I didn't wanna worry you or the family. Besides, Michael was there to help. And did I mention, he offered me to stay the night with him " Mia gasped.

" Did you?! "

" Yeah.. " Mia smiled.

" Did you guys have sex? " She said shocked and excited. My eyes widened at the slightest thought.

" No Mia. I slept in his bed and he slept on the couch " Mia crossed her arms, as if she didn't believe me. I giggled. " I'm not lying!" She smirked.

" He's a keeper Tiff. A man like that is hard to find " Deep down I knew this was true.

A few hours went by and I was busy wiping the empty tables from the last people who sat there to eat. It was almost lunch time, so the restaurant was gonna start getting busy. So I had to get the tables ready. As I wiped the the tables, I suddenly felt a light tap on my shoulder. I slowly turned around, thinking it was Mia, but it wasn't. It was Michael. I swear I felt my heart skip a beat and the butterflies in my stomach were back. And he was also holding a dozen of roses. " Hey beautiful, I just wanted to check on you and sure you were ok " I felt my knees go weak in an instant. He also looked so handsome.

" Yeah.. I'm ok Michael "

" That's good to hear. I wanted to check on you on my break time since I couldn't stop thinking about you at work " I looked up at him and smiled. I was touched by his sweetness. God this man has such a big effect on me.

" Michael, you really didn't have to go out of your way just to see me " Michael smiled.

"Tiffany, I had to. I wanted to. Here, these are for you " I slowly looked up, seeing him handing me the roses, I reached for them and brought them to my nose to smell them. "Thank you Michael, they're beautiful " He smiled. Then he slowly ran his fingers on my cheek, removing a strand of hair out of the way. An electric shock ran through my body from his touch.

" I'm glad you love them Tiffany, I knew you would " We looked each other in the eyes for a second, but then of course I looked down, feeling intimidated from his stare. " So did you sleep alright last night? " I smiled.

" Yes.. Your bed is very comfy.. Thanks for letting me stay at your house last night "

" No need to thank me. You're welcome there anytime, and I was glad to help "

" Well. I better get back to work before I'm late. Oh.. I almost forgot. Are we still on for our date tomorrow night? " I smiled.

" Of course "

" Ok great, what time will be good for you? "

" Well, I'm getting off work early tomorrow so 7pm should be fine "

" 7pm it is "

" Michael.. Um do you mind if maybe we could like do something fun rather than just going to a restaurant and a movie? " He smiled.

" Sure, we can do whatever you wanna do "

" How about bowling? " Michael smiled. " Sounds fun " I blushed.

" I'm just a simple girl Michael. I don't need to be taken to no fancy restaurant. I rather just have fun " Michael smiled and looked me in the eyes.

" To be honest i would like that a lot more. Well,I better get back to work; If you need me tonight, you know where to find me. Can't wait to spend time with you tomorrow night "

As Michael drove away, I slowly looked down at the roses he gave me and smiled. The way I felt right now was such a wonderful feeling. He made me feel so special and happy. " Could this be really happening to me? Could this beautiful man really be into me? " I thought. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I sorta jumped because I was startled.

" I saw you talking to Mr. Sexy " I turned around, smiling. It was only Mia.

" Yeah.. He wanted to make sure I was ok " She suddenly gasped.

" Tiffany, did he buy these roses for you? " I blushed.

" Yes he did.. Aren't they pretty? " She crossed her arms.

" Yes they are.. Tiffany this man is so into you. I mean he saved you last night, he convinced you to stay with him, then he came here to see if you were ok and gives you a bouquet of beautiful roses. The man wants you girl! " I giggled. " Tiffany, I'm serious. He's really into you. He seems like a good guy. You're really lucky, I'm glad a good man finally showed up in your life. I'm really happy for you " I smiled.

" Thanks Mia.. Truth is, I'm really into him too and it scares me a little. I never felt this way before over some guy."

" Tiff don't be scared girl. Just go with the flow. Love is such a beautiful thing " I closed my eyes and nearly stop breathing when I realised something.

" Oh god, our date is tomorrow. And I don't even know what to wear! " Mia giggled.

" Girl relax, if you want after you get out of class tonight, I'll come over and help you pick something out. You have a lot of cute clothes girl. I'll just help you put something together " I smiled.

" You would do that Mia? ... Thank you, you're the best cousin in the world " Our conversation was interrupted as a customer asked Mia for their bill.We both went back to work since it was now getting very busy.

The whole time at work, all I could do was think about Michael. I just couldn't get him off my mind. I found myself smiling over little things and feeling butterflies in my stomach from just the thought of him, and those eyes that made me melt. I was very touched that he came to my job to check on me and to give me roses. He is completely sweeping me off my feet. No other man has shown me this much attention. I was very flattered by him, and the fact that I was able to open up to him last night is what amazed me the most. No one has been able to get me to open up like that, but with Michael it was like icing on a cake. I guess because he opened up to me first about his job. I don't know.. I just felt something special between us last night. I really can't wait to see what tomorrow night will bring.