Chapter 4 - Living Alone Sucks

As I drove home, I could not help but think of Michael and our upcoming date. I can't help but to feel nervous no matter how much I tried not to be. I'm just not use to going out on dates. I pulled up in my driveway and noticed something very odd. My front door was opened all the way. I turned the car off and slowly got out of my car. I was a little scared to go inside. I looked over at Michael's house, I thought maybe I could go get him so that he can go check in there for me. " No, I would hate to bother him, he might be asleep. Besides, it's probably nothing. Maybe I didn't shut the door right cause most of the time I'm rushing out the house" I thought. I sighed, then slowly made my way towards my porch. My heart was racing. This has never happened before and it sucks that I live alone. I slowly walked into my house, my breathing was starting to become heavy. I looked around, but didn't see anything. I knew if someone was here, they could be hiding in my bedroom or in one of the closets. This didn't feel right at all. I walked further down the hallway, until I suddenly felt someone grabbing me from behind.

I let out a scream, while trying to get out of their grip. This person with the mask roughly turned me around and pinned me against the wall, putting a knife to my neck. " SHUT UP OR ILL HAVE TO USE THIS!" He gestured to the knife in his hand. I began to cry. "Please don't hurt me please " He roughly put his hand over my mouth.

" Shut up! " I closed my eyes tightly, as I cried in fear. I began to shake uncontrollably. I could not believe this is happening. " You will do what I say, you got that? " He said, as he moved the knife up and down my neck. I simply shook my head yes. " If you scream I swear I will kill you, got it? " Once again, I shook my head yes in fear. He slowly removed his hand from my mouth.

" What do you want? Whatever it is I'll give it to you, just please don't hurt me " I cried softly. Then he removed his mask and gave me such an evil smile.I saw that he was a middle aged white man with a scar on his left cheek.

"Yes you will give me all your money, credit cards, and any valuable things including jewelry, you got that? " I tried not to move but nodded in reply.

" TO-Ok.. But when I give it to you, can you please leave? I won't call the cops, I swear " I cried. He moved closer to my face and grabbed the back of my neck, causing me to yelp. " I make the rules, you got it?! I'll leave when I want. Besides, I might wanna have some fun with you before I go " He began to slowly move his hand down my body till he gripped my hip.

" No pleasedon't " I cried.

" You got nice hips.. Come on, I promise it will feel good " I pushed his hand away.

" Please just take my money and go " I cried. He put the blade back on my neck.

" Didn't I just say I make the rules? He got very close to my face again. I could feel his dry lips touch my face.

" Now you cooperate or else you're going to get hurt, got it? " I began to cry. " I can't hear you! Do I make myself clear?

"Yes.. " I cried in fear. This has got to be a nightmare. I only hope for a miracle right now. Suddenly, I heard someone barge into the house.

" LET HER GO NOW!!! " The man instantly let me go and I looked up to see Michael and he had a gun.

" Get away from her and drop the knife " The man looked rather hesitant.

" DO IT NOW OR I'LL USE THIS THING! " Michael yelled. He scooted away from me and dropped the knife. " Now get down on your knees and put your hands over your head now! " Michael demanded. Then he looked over at me. " Tiffany, go and call the cops, and hurry! "

I ran to my kitchen where the phone was. Frantically I picked it up but dropped it because of the panic I was in. " Shit! " I picked it back up and called the police. I was still in shock and cried as I spoke to the police. After the phone call, I ran back where Michael was. " T-They're on the way "

"Ok Tiff relax, everything is going to be ok " I just shook my head yes as tears rolled down my face. " You're going to do time for doing this, you hear me! " Michael said angrily to the man.

" I wasn't gonna really hurt her " I could see Michael's jaw tighten.

" I don't give a damn, you still assaulted her " Michael looked over at me. " Tiffany are you ok? Did this bastard hurt you? " I shook my head no nervously. " No.. He just threatened to do so if I didn't do what he said "

" I wasn't gonna really hurt her! I was gonna take her money and leave! "

" You're lying! " I cried. " Tiffany relax, I believe you and so will the police. Don't worry he will pay for what he did " Soon we heard sirens coming closer. " Alright I'm gonna need you to go out there and talk to the police. If not they will think I'm the criminal, got it? " I nod my head. Suddenly, the man got up and tried to run for it, but Michael quickly ran after him before he could run out the back. The man swung at Michael, but he missed. I gasped, putting my hands over my mouth. Michael then punched the man so hard in the face, causing him to fall. Michael quickly sat on his back, pinning him to the floor. " Trying to get away? Over my dead body " He looked up at me. " Tiffany, go outside to the police!"

With my heart still pounding, I ran outside to the police. My heart was racing. This was all an adrenaline rush. Out of breath, I told them what was going on. They quickly ran into my house to find Michael holding the man down on the floor. Michael looked up at the cops. "This man right here broke into this young woman's house and assaulted her " They quickly handcuffed the man and stood him up. I simply stood there in shock, watching them take him away. I just couldn't believe something like this happened. I was still very shaken up. One of the cops walked up to Michael.

" Umm, do you have a license for that gun sir? "

" Yes sir I do, I used to be a cop but retired due to getting hurt on the job. I still have my old badge if you wanna see it " He reached into his pocket and took out his wallet, opening it up showing the cop his old badge. I was rather shocked. It kinda attracted to me more knowing he was police officer. The cop smirked and patted his shoulder. " Well good job, what's your name? " Michael told him his name. " Well good job officer Jackson. You should really think about being an officer again, you're good at what you do " Michael smiled at the comment.The officer looked over at me. " Ma'am I have questions for you if you don't mind " I agreed and we both sat down on my couch. He asked me questions about what happened and I answered the best that I could since I was still shaken up. He was done questioning me and him and the rest of the officers left.