Chapter 3 - Saying Yes.

After my conversation with Michael, I really feel like a total idiot. I can't believe my reaction towards him. I sighed deeply, while running my fingers through my hair in stress and worry. Mia then walked up to me. " I saw you two talking. How did it go? " I gave her a look, as if to say not too good. She instantly frowned. " Oh no, what happened? "

Letting out a big sigh i told her, "Mia, I froze. I'm not good at this at all. I'm sure he lost interest in me after what just happened "

She crossed her arms. " What happened? " I bit my lip and looked down.

" Mia, he introduced himself to me. He even mentioned how he noticed I never wave back when he would wave at me. I feel stupid. "

" Well, did you apologize? " I shrugged.

" Well yeah, I told him I was shy. He told me not to be because he doesn't bite " Mia smiled.

" Sounds like he was flirting with you " She said teasingly. I blushed.

" What's the problem Tiff? Seems like everything's going ok "

" Actually, I'm not done telling you what happened " Mia slapped her forehead in frustration, playfully. " What happened? "

" He only went and asked me on a date!" I said half with excitement half with dread. "He said he wanted to get to know me better." Mia's face lit up.

" Really? Tiffany that's great. You did say yes, right? " I looked down without answering. " I guess that was a no, huh? " I bit my lip.

"This is where it gets worse, I got so nervous and confused that I just sorta froze. I ended up saying that I would think about it " Mia threw her arms up in the air in a sort of sarcastic expression. "I was nervous, I didn't know what to say or do. I mean, I don't know how to act if I go on a date with a man that breath-taking"

" You have to say yes Tiff. This man is interested in you, even after all the times you avoided him. He still had the courage to ask you out. If you ask me, that is one hell of a man and you're going to say yes! "

I looked at Mia in disbelief, as she looked at me with a serious look on her face. "What Tiffany? Tell me what are you really scared of? Are you scared that a really good guy who has it all is interested in you and that you like him back? I shrugged.

" I don't know, I guess I feel like once he gets to know me, he might not like me. I don't have very good experience with this sort of thing. I just look at him and couldn't bare it if he got to know me and didn't like what he saw"

" You don't know that Tiff, who knows. You two might hit it off very well. He might make you feel very comfortable. You might be able to be yourself around him. But how will you know if you don't give it a try? " I looked up at attempt to hold back tears. She placed her hands on my shoulders. " Tiff, it's only a date. Go have fun and mingle. It's about time you do " I giggled. "Don't be nervous. Remember what I told you, confidence is the key and don't worry because I will help you. Just don't miss out on this opportunity just because you're shy or don't feel worthy enough for a guy like that. You never know if that guy is the one who's gonna win your heart " I smiled. Michael's food was done and Mia handed me the hot plate. " Now get over there and tell that man you will love to go on a date with him, ok? " I took the plate and smiled.

"Okay" I turned around to leave but then turned back to look at Mia. " Thanks Mia " She smiled.

" You're welcome. Now go on and get that man before I do" I made my way towards Michael's table and my heart was pounding so hard. " Ok Tiffany, just breathe.. And just say yes.. It's no big deal just say yes "