Chapter 11 - Falling too fast.

I arrived at work and I walked inside to see Mia wiping the counter. Her eyes lit up as she crossed her arms. " Well, well, well.. Good morning sunshine " I smiled.

" Good morning " I went to punch in and she followed.

" Long night, huh? Cause you're late today " I giggled. "Luckily we're not so busy yet, so it's ok " I smiled. She then gave me a look. " Soooo.. " I giggled.

" Soooo what? "

" Oh come on Tiffany, don't play. How did last night go? You look extremely happy this morning so I'm guessing it went well? " I sighed.

" Mia, last night was simply perfect " I walked over to the counter and began to wipe it down.

" Oh really? So what did you guys do? " My face let out a guilty smile.

" Well, we went bowling then sat outside under the moon and stars and just talked "

" Aww that sounds nice. So.. Did y'all kiss? " I blushed and smiled from cheek to cheek. " Yes girl " She gasped. " Oh my god! Details! " I couldn't help but to giggle.

" Well? Tell me what was it like and how it happened? " I stopped wiping and looked out in the distance remembering the kiss and how his lips felt against mines.

" Mia, it was everything I hoped it would be and more "

" Aww.. You serious? "

" Yes Mia, it was simply perfect. He just gazed into my eyes and softly presses his lips against mines as he gently stroked my cheek " I closed my eyes, feeling the moment again causing me to get giddy.

" Aww I'm so jealous! Did you panic? "

" Well at first, but Michael made me feel so at ease " She smiled tenderly at me.

" Tiff, I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you were able to experience your first kiss and that it was everything you expected it to be cause let me tell you, not every first kiss is memorable. A first kiss is like having sex for the first time. If the man doesn't make it special then you'll never remember it. I sure as hell don't remember my first kiss " I giggled.

" You don't? "

" Girl, hell no " I bit my lip and looked at her.

" Mia, I think I'm falling for him " Her smile then faded. Mia looked at me a bit confused.

" Don't you think it's too soon to be falling for him Tiff? "

" No I don't.. When we kissed I felt love " She shakes her head.

" Tiffany, lets be real. The last time you had a boyfriend you were what? 17? This is all new to you.. Don't get ahead of yourself.. I don't want you getting hurt ok " I scoffed and walked away. It annoyed me so much that she was talking to me like a damn child. She then followed me.

" Don't be mad, I'm only telling you this cause I care " I turned to face her.

" Mia don't worry about me. I know what I'm feeling and I know he feels the same way " She sighed.

" I know all this is overwhelming cause you just experienced your first kiss and you're on cloud 9, but please take it slow. Get to know him first, you don't know what kind of man he really is "

" He's a sweet man who is not like all those other fools out there! "

" I'm just telling you cause I care. I don't want him taking advantage of you "

" Michael isn't like that! He respects me! Just because you're used to guys taking advantage of you and treating you like shit doesn't mean Michael is one of them! " Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. Now I feel bad for the way I snapped at her. " Mia I'm sorry, I shouldn't said that "

" No.. You're right "

" No, I crossed the line "

" I deserved it " I lowered my eyebrows.

" But you told me to go for it Mia "

" I know, but should get to know him more and go on dates. I just didn't expect for you to fall for him so soon. Just be careful and don't give your heart to him so quickly " I smiled.

" I'll be fine Mia "

" Ok.. Are you mad at me? " I giggled.

" No " The restaurant was starting to get busy so we went ahead and attended our duties. I couldn't stop thinking about what Mia said the whole time. I knew part of what she said was true, that's why I was getting so mad and defensive, but I can't control my emotions or feelings. I'm falling for him and that is it.