Chapter 5 - Michael's House.

As soon as the officers left, Michael closed my door and I could feel his eyes on me. He walked closer to me. " Tiffany, are you ok? " I gulped, not making contact with him. I was fighting back tears.

" I don't know " He got in front of me and kneeled down.

" Hey, what do you mean you don't know? Are you sure he didn't hurt you? " I nervously bit my lip and looked down. I could not take looking him in the eyes. His beautiful brown eyes intimidated me so much.

" Yeah.. I'm sure "

" Then what is it? " He asked, softly. I bit my lip, holding back tears.

" This never happened to me before.. I'm just a little shaken up " Then I felt a tear roll down my cheek unexpectedly. " But thank you so much.. For helping me.. If it wasn't for you.. God knows what would've happened to me " More tears were streaming down my face and I felt kinda embarrassed. He must think I'm so weak. I could feel Michael's hand lightly wiped my tears.

" Hey don't cry, look at me " I shook my head. I didn't wanna look at him. I was too embarrassed that I was crying in front of this handsome man.

" Come on look at me " I slowly looked him deep in the eyes and he smiled. " It's ok, you're safe now. He will never bother you again " I sniffled, as he wiped my tears. " As long as you have me as a neighbor Tiffany, nothing like this will ever happen again I promise ".

The look he was giving me was making me nervous. I smiled a little through my tears and looked down. " Thanks again Michael for what you did tonight

" Hey it was nothing, I would do it again if I have to " I looked up at him and took a deep breath.

" How did you know I was in danger? " He smiled, running his fingers through his hair. He got up and sat next to me on the couch.

" Well, I was taking the trash out and heard a loud scream come from your house. I quickly went inside my house to get my gun then ran back to your house. I made sure to be very quiet and I listened through the door to what was going on. I wanted to make sure you were indeed in trouble. Once I heard what was going on I barged in " I shook my head.

" I don't know what would've happened to me if it wasn't for you " Michael placed his hand on my arm. His warm touch instantly made my heart jump.

" Tiffany don't think about that ok. Just be thankful that you're ok " I sighed.

" Yeah, you're right "

" I'll tell you what, you have been through a very traumatizing experience tonight, why don't you stay with me tonight? "

My eyes widened and I quickly looked up at him surprised.

" I.. Umm I.. No Michael thanks but no.. I would hate to burden you " I looked down.

" Don't be silly, you could never burden me. Come on, do you really wanna stay here alone after what happened? " I looked up at him and smiled shyly. He was right, there is no way I wanted to stay here alone after what happened. It would be nice to have company, but I'm just too shy.

" I'll be ok Michael " He reached for my hand and I swear my heart stopped when I felt his big warm hand laced into mines. I slowly looked at our hands, then looked up at him. He smiled.

" Tiffany, don't be scared of me. I promise to be a gentleman. I just want you to feel safe" I swear my heart was racing right now. His soft soothing voice and intense stare was making me feel things I never felt before. He was just so handsome. Too good to be true.

" Michael I'll be fine " He smiled.

" Ok well, if you change your mind you know where to find me " He let go of my hand and stood up. " Well, I better go " I stood up as well.