Chapter Three | The One That Got Away

|The Underworld|

Hades sighed, "I guess I'm going to have to stop being easy on you guys. I truly am sorry, but the residents of the Underworld are now free to roam around and do whatever they please to you. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor." Hades disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"Did he just quote The Hunger Games at us?" Emma asked.

Henry nodded. "That was definitely The Hunger Games."

"Now that Hades has unleashed everyone, Regina, Gold, and I need to be careful," Cora warned. "No one here likes Gold or I much and they'll like Regina about just as little."

"Emma, you and your parents should go."

"You're right," Emma agreed. "Goodbye." She hugged Henry. "I'll see you again, okay?"

Henry nodded. "Okay."

|The Enchanted Forest|

The Evil Queen didn't tolerate thievery. Anyone who stole from her ended up either dead, without a heart, or occasionally both.

However, there was one occasion where a thief got away. Only one, excluding Snow White.

The thief hadn't stolen anything important, only a necklace King Leopold had given the Queen before his death. The thief had nearly escaped before black knights captured him and took him to the Queen.

He was masked, and the Evil Queen didn't bother unmasking him.

"Why would you attempt to steal from me?" She asked him. "You know what the punishment is."

"I need the money," the thief said, in a voice that made it seem as if he were trying to hide an accent. "My son is sick and I had no choice but to steal from you."

"Well you obviously have failed your son," the Queen let out a laugh. "So stand up."

The thief did as he was told. The Queen was about to order his execution when she saw something on his forearm. At first she thought it was hallucination, or possibly a nightmare. But it wasn't. He was really standing here right in front of her after he had attempted to steal from her. Curse that fairy, she had probably set this all up. Probably as some ploy to save Snow White's skin. And this man was merely an unwilling player in Tinker Bell's game.

"Show me your arm." The Queen had to be sure she was correct in her suspicion.

Though the thief was confused, he held out his arm with the tattoo facing up so she could see it. It was nothing special, and was only there because he had lost a bet with one of his friends years ago and was forced to get a tattoo as a result.

The Queen grabbed his wrist and studied the tattoo. It was the same one that fairy had lead her to all those years ago. She let go of his wrist and marched away in anguish. Before she left the room, she barked an order at the black knights. "Take him to Sherwood Forest and if he ever crosses me again, I'll take his head off myself."

|The Underworld|

Regina, Gold, Henry, and Cora made their way to the Underworld version of Gold's shop without any issues. According to Cora, no one ever entered the shop because it was thought to be cursed, but she assured them that it wasn't actually cursed.

Gold began rummaging through some stuff before he pulled out a vial of glowing blue liquid. "A locator spell. We can use it to find Robin Hood, if you have something of his?" he raised an eyebrow at Regina.