Chapter Eight | The Sleeping Spell

|The Underworld|

The plan was to put everyone under a sleeping curse of sorts for a week while Hades and Persephone stayed awake and put part two of the plan into action. However, Hades's plan was slightly different from Persephone's. And Megaera's plan was different from both Hades's and Persephone's.

When the time came to cast the week-long sleeping curse, Hades  combined his magic with Zelena's instead of Persephone's. Persephone was knocked unconscious along with the rest of the Underworld except for Megaera.

The furies weren't supposed to know about the plan, but Megaera liked to keep herself informed on Hades's secret plans. She knew about Zelena long before Persephone found out and kept herself well informed of Hades plan and figured out a way to stay conscious for the week everyone else was under the curse. Unlike Tisiphone and Alecto, Megaera had magic of her own that she had been born with.

Without Hades or Zelena noticing, Megaera used a touch of her magic to help knock the entire Underworld unconscious. That way the spell wouldn't affect her.

As the spell swept throughout the Underworld, Persephone realized she had been played. She left the Underworld just before the spell hit her to find her mother in Mount Olympus.

|The Labyrinth|

Regina and Henry hadn't heard the Minotaur since they had first entered the Labyrinth, however at the moment, they were on the run from someone's foot steps. Regina wasn't sure who was following them, but she was sure it wasn't good because the Labyrinth was just a straight hallway with no curves at the moment.

When the hallway they were in finally split into two different directions, Regina and Henry both dashed to the right, hoping whoever was following them would go left. The hallway turned into an open room with three exits to choose from. However, before they could choose, a wave of magic swept through the maze, knocking both Regina and Henry unconscious.

|The Fields of Asphodel|

Graham, Emma, and her parents were the only people still in the Underworld Granny's. Peter had evacuated everybody else to the main section of Asphodel, which was outside the back door of Granny's. According to Graham, the back door acted as a portal of sorts that connected the Fields of Asphodel to the Fields of Punishment.

"So how are we supposed to find Killian now?" Emma asked. "We're trapped in the Fields of Asphodel and he's probably somewhere else because Hades trapped us in here."

"Hades can only keep us sealed off for three days at a time," Graham reassured her. In three days, he has to allow us to pass through to the Fields of Punishment for at least twenty-four hours."

"Three days?!" Emma demanded. "What if something happens to him? What about Henry and Regina?"

"It'll be okay," David told his daughter, though he wasn't so sure it would actually be okay. "Hook is already dead, not much more can happen to him. And Regina, Henry, and Gold are smart. They'll find Robin and in three days, we'll leave and find Killian and hopefully meet up with Regina and the others."

Emma nodded, trying to believe what David said. "You're right. We'll be fine."

At that moment, the spell wiped out the Fields of Asphodel, sending them all into a week-long coma.

|The Labyrinth|

Merlin and Nimue were in a room with mosaic tiles on all four walls as well as the ceiling. The floor was carpeted, but not the nice carpet that would be in a house. More like the thin carpet over cement that could be found in a school. The only door in the room was the door they had come through and at the moment, it was locked and Merlin's magic couldn't unlock it.

"On the bright side, we're already dead so we won't die of starvation," Nimue said, trying her best to be positive.

"Nimue, you know how important it is that we find Regina."

Nimue nodded. "I know. I'm just trying to find a bright side-- Are you okay?"

Merlin tensed up. "Magic is coming." He used his magic to block the room he and Nimue were in off from whatever spell was coming for them. Hades had wanted to remove Merlin's magic when he had arrived in the Underworld, but he found himself unable to take away the Sorcerer's magic, so he had no choice but to send Merlin to the Center of the Labyrinth with his magic still intact.

The forcefield Merlin had created split the spell around them and when the spell had covered the entire Underworld, the forcefield vanished.

"What was that?" Nimue asked.

"A sleeping spell," Merlin answered. "Different from the Sleeping Curse, which means everyone is asleep except for us and whoever cast it."

A door appeared across from where Merlin and Nimue were sitting.

"I guess the Labyrinth agrees that we're supposed to be asleep," Nimue muttered.

Merlin stood up and pulled Nimue up into a standing position as well. "We might be able to find Regina or another living hero while everyone else is asleep, but we need to hurry. I don't know how long this spell is going to last."

|The Fields of Asphodel|

Megaera opened the door to Granny's and found Graham, Emma, Mary Margaret, and David passed out inside the restaurant. She made sure to avoid them; the last thing she needed was Hades discovering she was awake. Megaera went through the back door and stepped out into the main part of Asphodel. It was normally filled with whispering voices, but now it was silent.

It didn't take long for Megaera to find who she needed to find. She didn't wake him because she wasn't sure if she even could wake him. Instead, she placed a folded up piece of paper in his hand, stood up, and began to walk away.

When she was almost back to Granny's, a voice cut the silence Megaera's ears had become accustomed to.

"Megaera."

The fury turned around and was shocked to find that Persephone was still awake. She was debating whether to run or stay when Persephone spoke again.

"I need your help getting revenge on Hades."

Megaera's plan was certainly not to spend the week getting revenge on Hades, but if she could get on Persephone's good side, that would be a plus. Persephone had never liked Megaera much because she had magic that was purely hers to control and not Hades'. Because whatever magic Hades could control, Persephone could also control.

Megaera nodded. "I will help you. But only on one condition..."