Chapter Twenty-Seven | Heir of Magic

|Tartarus|

Cruella, the Blind Witch, and Kronos appeared at the front of the cyclopes army and the marching of heavy footsteps stopped.

"Surrender and you will not be hurt," Kronos announced.

"Don't listen," Regina muttered, "he's lying."

"I figured."

"You will not surrender?" Kronos asked. "Perhaps we can convince you otherwise."

The Blind Witch blasted magic towards Robin, who raised the scythe against it. But this time, the scythe didn't seem to scare Kronos. It blocked the Blind Witch's magic, but they had more than magic on their side. Kronos stepped to the right of the army while Cruella and the Blind Witch stepped to the left.

"You had your chance, darlings. So sad you didn't take it."

The cyclopes army took that as their cue to charge.

|The Fields of Asphodel|

The Seer was wrapped in a blanket and shivering despite the fact that Milah made sure The Seven Seas was as warm as she could make it. Merlin knew the Seer was seeing the same visions he was, but she hadn't seen visions in years. It was as if when the living had entered the Underworld, her ability to see the future had returned.

She was muttering things under her breath, but wouldn't acknowledge anyone trying to talk to her unless it was Merlin and no one else was near. Occasionally, her mutterings were loud enough for everyone to hear, but they didn't make any sense to anyone besides Merlin;

"...No, not him..."

"...Protect her, don't hurt her, don't hurt her..."

"...It won't work..."

Mulan couldn't stand to be in the restaurant with the Seer's constant mutterings considering boredom was already driving her half-mad. She and Ruby were hardly ever in the restaurant anymore. Milah had introduced them to a few of her friends, but for the most part, Mulan was beating up dummies with her sword or twirling it through the air and battling imaginary enemies.

Nimue sometimes left to watch Mulan because it was more entertaining that staying inside. Henry found an old book Milah had and had read it twice now to get his mind off of the worry.

Everyone was restless besides Milah, it seemed. Milah cleaned her restaurant and visited her friends and spoke calmly to the others and essentially carried on like normal.

It was late when the Seer stood up and her blanket fell to the ground. She simply uttered one word; "No," before falling to the ground.

|Tartarus|

Robin had no idea what he was doing, but he didn't stop slashing the sword at the cyclopes coming at him. But it seemed for every one he injured, another fully healthy one took its place faster than Robin's brain could comprehend.

Cyclopes with huge swords replaced the ones without and Robin felt as if he was receiving another wound at least once every three seconds, but he kept fighting in order to protect Regina, who was still trying to figure out the lock.

Finally, a cyclopes got his sword to Robin's stomach,  and the thief dropped. Regina felt his drop behind him and turned around in time to see a cyclopes aiming at her. she ducked and picked up the sword out of Robin's hand. She swung it at the cyclopes but missed. A yellow light was now coming from Robin's body, but when he awoke, he was still weak. He stood back up and removed the sword from Regina's hand and continued the battle with the cyclopes.