Chapter Twenty | Fighting Fire With Fire

|Tartarus|

When Regina woke up, Robin's arms were wrapped around her and Regina was curled into his side. She blinked a few times, her eyes trying to find light before she remembered that the only light was that coming from the river. Regina managed to sit up without waking Robin. She grabbed her sword and began using the point to doodle on the layer of durst that covered the rock-hard ground.

Robin awoke a few minutes later and sat up next to Regina. "Good morning, love."

"Morning," Regina muttered. "Do you feel good enough to walk?"

"I think so. Either way, we should probably keep moving."

Regina nodded in agreement and helped Robin stand up. He leaned on her for support when he took the first few steps, but after that, Robin was able to walk on his own. The two continued walking downstream, hoping that Tantalus was telling the truth about the legends.

They stayed far enough away from the edge of the water that no one could see them, but just close enough that they could still see the light. As they were walking, an arrow whizzed past Regina's ear. She and Robin both turned back to see Cruella standing next to a woman with white eyes and a dragon-like creature with nine heads.

"Hello, darlings. Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me?"

|The Fields of Asphodel|

Ruby and Mulan were lead through what looked to be some slightly-creepy version of Storybrooke by the man in the cloak and he let them go at the Underworld Granny's. "Through there is the Fields of Asphodel. Out here is the Fields of Punishment, take your pick." He then vanished.

Ruby opened the door to Underworld Granny's and Mulan hesitantly followed her through. "So this is Storybrooke?"

"Yep," Ruby answered, "but I have no idea why the Underworld seems to be a copy of it."

"Hello." Both Ruby and Mulan looked up to see Graham standing across from them. "Welcome to the Fields of Asphodel. Have you come here to see Henry, David, and Neal too?"

"Uh, n--"

"Yep!" Ruby interrupted. "That's who we're here to see."

Mulan had no choice but to follow Ruby and Graham out the back door of Granny's and to a some building with the words The Seven Seas on it.

"Why did you agree?" Mulan hissed at Ruby.

"Because I know who they are," Ruby whispered back. "But I didn't know that Henry and David were dead!"

Graham knocked on the door of the building and a black-haired woman let him in. After the two spoke for a minute, she gestured for Ruby and Mulan to enter as well. Graham bid them farewell before he headed back to Granny's.

"Ruby?" Henry asked. "What are you doing here?"

Ruby shrugged. "We died. And you?"

"We came here looking for Hook, but everyone got kind of split up."

Mulan rolled her eyes. "Oh great. So not only do we have to worry about the redeemed Evil Queen, but also the now-heroic Captain Hook."

"Uh, Mulan," Ruby nudged her friend and lowered her voice, "the 'redeemed Evil Queen' is Henry's mom, so be careful about what you say."

Mulan raised an eyebrow. "I was told his mom was Emma Swan?"

"I have two," Henry explained. "Emma's my birth mom and Regina's my adoptive mom."